71 Mustang Gets Explorer drive train!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a 1954 Ford this way over 8 years ago, it's a daily driver with Zero issues. i used a ranger 8.8 to get the correct width for the 54 Ford. i used the 4r70w I rebuilt and did a J-mod on it as well and everything new inside. The Engine was just freshened up, all std internals, stock camshaft,injectors and throttle body. I did a tune one performance and one for economy. thing runs great! Rear end 3:08 with LS and drum brakes on rear. I built a Rack and Pinion Steering, added from disc brakes from 79 T bird, E-Bay master and booster, vintage air, USA-1 Radio, Tanks Inc in-tank fuel adapter, I Used 3/8 Blue R/O tubing for fuel lines (works great with factory connections been 8 years so I think it good to go). I used all the factory wiring and ecm no extra transmission controller , the J-Mod and tuner improved the shifts. Retained all factory instruments and horn. Rewired entire with a E-bay fast wiring kit, added relays to halogen headlights, used 15" wheels to clear Disc Brakes on front. Car looks all stock from the inside and out, won some shows and the President of America's 54 Club loved it. I did use some E-bay headers and they worked fine with the GT-40 p heads, also added upgrade valve spring and three angle valve job as well. here is a video of the car finished before delivering it to the 89 year old lady I did this for. Enjoy:

Very Nice Ride

Back