Jump to content


VIP Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 73MustangCoupe

  1. Hey Bentworker, That sounds good. Please PM me and let me know how we can settle up, and I can get you my shipping address. Ron
  2. I've got another lead on the splash shields, but the spindles I definitely need. If you can check with your buddy with the front spindles that woule be much appreciated.
  3. I'm looking for left front and right rear splash shields, and front spindles for a front disc brake car, if you've got them and can spare them.
  4. Thanks, David. I'll double check the radius rod mounting points to make sure they are okay. Other than the tears in that dimple on the front, that crossmember seems to be okay - so far. I'll let you know if I need to replace it, though. Thanks for the offer. The walls of the shop you see in the pictures are the interior liner panels, with fiberglass insulation behind it. To be honest, it stays pretty comfortable in there.
  5. Well, it's been a few years, and the Rustang has been just sitting in the barn. I finally got my car barn done - well, mostly done. I still have to install the ceiling fans, but its very useable. I retired last month, and a few weeks later, I lost my brother to Covid, so I renamed the Mach 1, the Rickster, and will complete it as a memorial for him. I started on the front, and pulled the core support, and front right inner fender that the battery had rotted out. When pulling the core support, I found the left front inner fender was also bent up and needed to be replaced. I found th
  6. David, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  7. I have nothing but good things to say about the service I have received from Summit Racing, as well. They are top drawer, in my opinion.
  8. David, I am sorry to hear about your back troubles. I hope you can get some relief from the pain. Thoughts and prayers. Ron
  9. Looks like you did a nice job. I suspect you may be correct about the insurance company, too. Young drivers tend to make mistakes, which lead to experience, which will eventually lead to fewer mistakes and lower rates. Unfortunately, that occurs after you're not paying for his insurance anymore. At least the car is repaired and ready for more exciting adventures. Merry Christmas!!
  10. Luxstang did an extensive write up about this swap complete with pictures. It's in the Tech forum. Here's a link to his thread. https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-fmx-to-aod-swap-complete-report?highlight=AOD+swap. I hope that helps you get started.
  11. Hey David, Don't forget to tie a line on smaller parts like seat backs, etc, unless you want to have to strip to your skivvies and dive in there after them when they're done. ;)
  12. Welcome from Northeast Tennessee! ::welcome::
  13. I'd suggest Ohio Mustang Supply. www.ohiomustang.com Don is a wealth of information and very helpful. Also, OMS is one of our sponsors.
  14. I have a 76 Bronco, but it is a rust bucket and will require a lot of work to restore. The one in the pictures, if it is rust free, should be around 20K because the motor is gone. You can slip a nice little 302 in there, and have a nice rig, at which point, I would $20-25K is not out of the ballpark. These things have a reputation of rusting, like all the early 70's Fords, I guess, so be very careful to check for rust. Good luck with it.
  15. That looks amazing. Can't wait to see more pictures.
  16. LS, more specifically, LSX. The valley cover plate, vent tubes, evenly spaced exhaust ports, the radiator hose connections, coil packs remoted to the rear of the engine, and ford valve covers converted to cover the top of the original coil pack covers all make me think Chevy LSX. Ron
  17. We had 97.2% coverage. I didn't get any pictures, but my welding helmet worked great. Set it on Shade 13, kicked back and just watched it for about 15 min as it was coming to the max coverage and just beyond. Then had to get back to work. :-(
  18. Congratulations, David!! I gotta get down there, or is it up there, to visit and check it out.
  • Create New...