Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Vehicle Info

  • My Car
    1972 Ford Mustang Convertible 351c 2V, factory ac,and power windows


  • Location
  • Region

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

sasquatch20's Achievements


Explorer (4/14)

  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges



  1. Comparing the seam on mine to the 73 posted earlier in the thread, there's definitely a difference. It seems like it needs to go almost to the edge of the trim and mine stops short. I found a link to the Fords Unlimited site on here that tells how to adjust the frame, but I don't remember seeing anything about adjusting the top itself.
  2. It's part of the frame for the top. The cable runs on the inside of it. I snapped a picture of it from below with the door open so you can see it. I think the top itself (not the frame but the fabric part) needs to be pulled forward about an inch.
  3. Comparing it to these pictures makes me think the top should come down a bit farther and cover the frame there, which would seal it a lot better. Is there a way to adjust the positioning of the top (I think it just needs to go forward a tiny bit to line up right)?
  4. The gap between the top and the frame, where you can see the back window through it if you look carefully.
  5. I got some pictures of the gap I'm talking about. Any ideas if there should be anything there, or did it come from the factory with this gap?
  6. Not sure if I should start another thread or not, but I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'll need an extension for the automatic kickdown cable to connect to an Edelbrock 1405 600 cfm carburetor?
  7. I appreciate the info. So just to be clear;I don't need to drain any coolant, or just not all of it? Nevermind, I just looked at the intake again and get what you're saying.
  8. I just won an Edelbrock 2750 intake on ebay and plan to install it in the next bit. I've searched on here trying to figure out what I need and have come across different answers and am hoping for some help. Will I need a valley pan gasket (please say why or why not)? Do I just need "the right stuff" gasket maker (in addition to or in place of gasket) or are there other gaskets I'll need? This will be my first intake swap on a V8, but I do have mechanics in the family I can ask for help if needed.
  9. I'm about an hour south of Ogden, but my parents live 15 minutes from there (I have 2 brothers even closer to Ogden). I'll keep an eye out and ask them to do the same. What kind of stuff are you looking for?
  10. The window seals against the top, it's just above that where I see the gap, between the top frame and the top itself. I don't see it looking straight at it, but if I crouch down and look up at the top there's a decent sized gap on both sides. This is my first experience with a convertible so I'm unsure if it's normal or not.
  11. I noticed the other day that I can see the inside of the car just below where the convertible top sits, above the rear quarter windows. I checked both sides and they are the same. I'm wondering if that's how it was made, or if there should be some weatherstripping get or something there to seal it better? The top comes down around the outside of the gap so rain shouldn't go inside, but I would imagine if it were washed water would get inside (I don't have any plans to wash it unless carefully by hand after reading about the places water can wind up, but think it odd it would be designed that way). I'll try to get a picture next time I'm down where the car is kept but am hoping someone knows what I'm talking about.
  • Create New...