Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


bluto72 last won the day on June 22 2020

bluto72 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About bluto72

  • Rank
    Is that a Mustang?
  • Birthday 11/30/1965

Vehicle Info

  • My Car
    1972 Mach 1


  • Location
  • Region

Personal Information

  • Sex

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Was just looking over my interior resto and found this...
  2. Ouch! Expensive bugger. But Rare Parts seems to be the only company making idler arms for power steering systems.
  3. Where did you get your idler? Bought one from O'Riely's 5 years ago and just got around to replacing it since I replaced the starter too. It was wrong but they still gave me a refund! The bend (offset) was off by maybe 3/4" to 1". Bluto
  4. OK...so, the usb sockets came with my radio. Like Tekelley22 said, you can get them on Amazon in various flavors. I made sure of this before hacking mine up. You essentially need to whittle it down to fit the lighter bezel as they are way too fat. I used a box cutter and took my time. The ports are encased in a soft , almost rubber-like, plastic so it's not too horrible. Make sure to leave the port end bigger than the insertion end as shown. To secure it to the dashboard, I used a pipe fitting. I forget what size it was, but I took the socket with me to Lowes and bought a galvanized me
  5. Yeah, I made that for my '72 Mach last winter. Just discovered this post. I'll see if I can do a little write-up later when I get a chance.
  6. I'm happy to report that my clock is working wonderfully and keeping great time! No issues whatsoever. :thankyouyellow:
  7. The picture shown is not the actual bracket. The ones I got are very low... It's just that those seats are too high. They have a 4.5" base height. It's my fault really...but I loved the look. I need to send them back and get the RRS series that has a 2.5" base height. BTW, they sell extender rails that allow the seats to be slid back another 4". That will help a lot.
  8. So I got my dashboard all finished and put together tonight. Installed my new seats and hopped in to install the steering wheel. I get the wheel tightened up and a thought occurs to me. "I'm sitting pretty high. What's it like to get out/in the car now?" Barely made it out!!! :@ They do look great though... These are the seats I got... https://corbeau.com/trailcat.html I also got their brackets which are pretty low... https://corbeau.com/ford-mustang-71-73-seat-brackets.html Looks like the seats have a bit more cushion than the stock seats and the bolsters don't hel
  9. Apparently you can melt airsoft ammo (pellets) in acetone to make your own glue in any consistency. The plastic doesn't really shrink much if at all. I think that if you made it real thick you couldn't get it into cracks and crevasses as well. It tends to skin over pretty quickly.
  10. NOT FOR SALE - Sorry. I put new seats in tonight and they are a bit too high. Might have to keep seat until I figure this out.
  11. Two out of three of the mounting holes in my instrument cluster bezel were completely broken off. My first attempt at repair several years ago was to try welding random plastic pieces to it using a soldering iron. Now that I am restoring all of the dash and everything behind it, I discovered that my method failed and both pieces had mostly broke again. This was likely due to the melting of plastics only being superficial. Obviously I needed a better method or to just give up on it and get a new one for approximately $90. While digging around on the internet researching dashboard repair, I
  12. That's for a '73 and the '72 version is a Scott Drake. ALTHOUGH, the Scott Drake states that it is "no longer from an OE source". Are they making their own now? https://www.npdlink.com/product/switch-turn-signal-repro-no-longer-from-an/150663?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dsignal%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D1972&year=1972 CJ Pony gets their turn signal switch from Scott Drake who gets it from the manufacturer, Shee-Mar, Inc. I contacted them to tell them about their issues. They responded that they are aware of the issues and will correct them in the "near future". Hm
  13. Installed my new turn signal switch last night only to find that it cannot engage the left signal like so many other reviews on CJ Pony have mentioned. As you can see here, the right turn signal is engaged and the lever is in the neutral position (horizontal). It appears that the manufacturer thinks the lever thread should be drilled perpendicular to the switch whereas the stock one is angled slightly up. Not sure that I can do anything about it so it's getting returned for a new (probably defective too) one. :@ I also had to extend the key switch buzzer wire (the black/pink one) about
  • Create New...