Status Updates posted by Terry
Hi All just another update from Aus,
Mustang is progressing well, I have spent many hours on the end of my grinder with wire wheels cleaning up the engine bay and underside, for others thinking of doing this, effective but dangerous with wires flying off the wheel, make sure you wear a face shield.
cleaned it up then sanded With 120 grit, high pressure washed with degreaser then detergent, then wax and cleaned many times.
then painted with 2k etch primer, next 2k high fill, then Satin black.
I found one bit of rust which I cut out and repaired one the rear quarter lucky was only the one bit in the car.
im starting on the boot/trunk next I’ve noticed it had a rear end collision at some point and will need a lot of work to do it properly
until next time.
Ended up having a go at repairing the door I beat the holes flat as they were punched inwards like a funnel shape I think they may have been used as a form of supporting all the bonds it had in it maybe 1/4 inch thick. Even though it held up well no cracks in it. After welding all the holes I went work beating the door into shape to reduce the bonds required after 4 hours I improved it a lot by stretching the material with a hammer and dolly was difficult though as the door has a heavy cross member on the inside I had to work around. I ended up with a couple of spots that were popping in and out. I managed to resolve these with some heat. After I was finished the bondo was approx 1/8 thick over etch prime so pics.
do you guys think this will hold up or should I bite the bullet and buy a new door skin, I just don’t have a lot of cash.
I also did a lot of work on the front fender looked like a previous accident.