Jump to content

69 Rustang

VIP Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


69 Rustang last won the day on June 19

69 Rustang had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

9 Neutral

About 69 Rustang

  • Rank
    I get my mail here

Vehicle Info

  • My Car
    31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
    69 Mach 1 - 351C
    72 Mach 1 - 351C
    96 Cobra Convertible


  • Location
    The OC (California)
  • Region

Personal Information

  • Sex

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I would go with the vacuum secondaries. That said, in the 80’s I had a Motorcraft carb with mechanical secondaries on my 351. It was way over carb’d, but if you modulated the throttle just right, I could feel the point where the secondaries would open—The car would bark the tires when opened at the right speed/RPM. Loved that!
  2. So I pulled the t-stat today, and it does open. But it is possible it was sticking. It had some rust/crud on it. Major radiator flush, heater core flush, and attempted block flush. Stuck it back in just to see how it ran. It heated up and the water was flowing in the radiator. I am going to do the combustion leak test next, it’s cheap. You can rent the tools and buy a bottle of the test fluid for $10 at Autozone. I figure I might as well test it. I did buy a new t-stat, so don’t blast me for being cheap. I actually thinking about throwing a new water pump on if it passes the combusti
  3. Should I be annoyed that the forum has marked this thread as “Hot”, of course it is—it’s overheating!
  4. Do you have to have antifreeze to do this? I am thinking of getting another t-stat, drain the system, test the old one and new one. Install whichever works, new if possible. Then fill with water to test. I don’t want to put antifreeze back in if it is going to just spit it back out. The radiator appears in good condition looking through the cap. But I want to pull it and flush everything while I am doing this. I do have distilled water, but had to use tap to get home.
  5. I have the big 24” radiator (an A/C car) with either 3 or 4 rows, can’t remember which. The radiator is older, but I purchased it and know its history. Generally the car has always run cool with that radiator. It has a shrouded electric fan, and I am fairly certain the fan and shroud are not the issue here as the problem was bad moving (Freeway) or sitting. This car was a 351W car since I swapped it in 1990.
  6. Not my ‘72, but on my ‘69. My son and I went to San Clemente to CarsNCoffee this morning. I had noticed the radiator level was going low and haven’t figured out where the coolant is going. It’s not in the oil, its not in the passenger carpet, and it wasn’t on the garage floor. We made it to San Clemente and even idled for a while once we got there, about 25 miles. On the way home, oh boy. Not half way and I pulled off the highway quickly and looked for a nice sloped lot to park on and shut it down. It puked its guts out. We cooled it, refilled and continued. We only made it halfway ho
  7. I’d rather get a GT350R if I was in the market, and I’d have to do that quick before the 350 is out of production. The Mach doesn’t do much for me.
  8. Are you doing any better? Scary what you are describing. Prayers for you.
  9. The other car was a Kia sedan. It was a goner too, but it didn’t look as bad because the damage was limited to just the front end. As for use of the phone, i strongly suspect the other driver was on their phone/texting or something to run a red without braking.
  10. Wife is doing better but having some ongoing back pain and still has a nasty bruise on her arm. We made a trip to Vegas to buy another Expedition yesterday. Let me introduce “New Doug”...my wife is going to call it “Thor” though. New Doug has 21,000 miles and a few new safety features. Insurance companies suck, tomorrow I get to argue with some insurance pencil pusher over the settlement value. Their ‘comps’ have 80K and 105K miles respectively and were priced at the same they offered us. Wish me luck.
  11. Wow, what a weird timing/coincidence. Glad to hear you got your car back. Hope you are doing great!
  12. Fortunately, our Expedition took care of my wife and she is mostly OK, but The Beast is totaled. My wife was driving home from work, only 2 blocks from home, a girl ran a red light and t-boned my wife. No brake application whatsoever. The Beast must have spun like a top as it was on its side and every wheel Is broken with significant pavement damage (Or completely busted off as the right rear). Only 26,000 miles and 6 years old (a 2014). We are really going to miss The Beast, she was a great truck. Now I am getting ready for a slugfest with some insurance representative over value. Wish
  13. Nick, my bolts were frozen too. I tried soaking them and even tried a little heat, but the heat quickly affects the urethane of the bumper so that was a no go—don’t go there. In the end, I found that NPD and CJ Pony parts both sell new bolt kits for about $25. So, I drilled them out which was quite easy to do. A good friend who is a very experienced body man stopped by the other day and asked to see my project. We were discussing the bumper and he agreed on bending it in the middle a little more. For the ends, he said if they still stick out: 1) they never fit well when new (an answer I
  14. After studying it further, I am going to put a bit more bend in the middle. That will draw the ends in. A small change in the middle will make a big change on the ends. I decided that it is unlikely the ends could be bent/out of shape—it has to be a shape problem elsewhere on the bumper. I realize that they didn’t fit perfectly when new, but my intent is to make it fit and look better than Ford did. I suppose I should take pictures before, during and after—but I tend to get impatient and just get to work.
  • Create New...