Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '[neutral]'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Welcome
    • Introductions
    • Site News
    • Site Feedback and Problems
    • Forum FAQ's & How To's
  • General Discussion
    • 71-73 Mustang Talk
    • Shop Talk
    • Off Topic Discussions
    • The Q & A Forum
    • Gone But Not Forgotten
    • Individual Project Build Threads
    • Glamor Shots
    • Your Mustang Walk Around
    • Concours d'Elegance
    • Marti Reports
  • Tech Forums
    • Engine, Drivetrain and Performance
    • Maintenance and Repair
    • Chassis, Body Repair, and Paint
    • Suspension, Handling, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
    • Aesthetics, Interior and Exterior
    • Electronics, Security, Audio Systems
  • Market Place
    • Rocketman's Classic Cougar Innovations, LLC.
    • Ohio Mustang Supply
    • Midlife Harness Restoration
    • Motorcity Mustang
    • Product Reviews & Feedback
    • Classifieds
  • Odds & Ends
    • Car Clubs, Shows, Cruises and Events
    • Anyone want to meet up?
    • Racing
    • Other Years of Mustangs
    • Other Vehicles
  • Steel Valley Mustangs's Topics

Calendars

  • Community Calendar
  • Default Calendar
  • Steel Valley Mustangs's Events

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Marker Groups

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


My Vehicle Information


Vehicle(s)


Location


Region


About Me


Website


Facebook Profile


Twitter Profile


Instagram Profile


Snapchat Profile


WhatsApp Profile


Sex

Found 1 result

  1. With my new engine combination I needed some more clearance for my air cleaner because of the taller Blue Thunder intake manifold. I was not about to cut up my original air cleaner so I purchased this Dynacorn replica to do the cutting on. I figured with some work I could pass it off as original and most people would be none the wiser. After receiving it I thought I would post up a review as when I was researching this air cleaner there was no significant detailed reviews or pictures. Not sure exactly where a post like this should really go so I decided to place it into the product reviews. I hope this helps people in the future when they decide to make a informed purchase, or see one installed on a car at a show. Hopefully the owner does not try to pass one off an a true original. First impression is that it is not too bad of a reproduction, but it lacks some quite important details that make it easy to identify vs an original. I'll try and describe differences picture by picture. Hopefully my pictures are clear enough. Photobucket was being a pain as usual with flipping some pictures so bear with me. New black parts vs my original Blue ones. Note the metal bracket to the left that retains the vacuum lines going to the snorkel actuator and from the temp sensor to intake vacuum tree. Not sure if my air cleaner got crunched a bit on the 5:00 position. the metal there is very firm so I'd think the damage would be more extensive if it was truly smashed. Note the crinkles in the steel around the perimeter of the carb inlet. Note the carb inlet area is completely smooth. Also the locating tangs are not as precise as the original allowing the air cleaner to be rotated several degrees more vs the original when it is installed. Note the missing bracket to the left. This is one that I removed from another air cleaner that I will be welding onto this one when all my modifications are complete. The original air cleaner has this notch at the very front. The repo does not have the notch. The snorkels seem a close match at first. My original is slightly longer and has a bit that angles it down away from the hood. The Repo is a tad shorter and it's oriented to come straight 90deg out of the side of the mounting surface. The original outer lip has some larger but stubby tangs that are visible. The repo does not. The outer flared lip is much more precise on the original than the repo. The repo has some parts that do not even line up. The original flapper closes up tight. The repo has a big gaps and is generally lousy in execution. Air cleaner lid new vs old. I do not know where they got the drawings for this repo part but it is contoured quite a bit differently than the original. The original has detents for the washered wing nut to mate with to resist loosening. Repo is smooth at the center hole. Left is a totally original snorkel vacuum pot. Middle is a repo vacuum pot that I purchased back in 2002 when I restored my original parts. Right is the unit that Dynacorn had installed in the snorkel when I received it. Note the Dynacorn unit on the left is not correct. They installed this repo vacuum pot that is supposed to fit into the right flapper door in the hood plenum. It "worked" for the snorkel but was not centered in the correct orientation. Looked shady. Note the hook styles from the original on the left, repo 1, and the not really correct unit one the right.

About Us

7173Mustangs.com is a community forum designed especially for fans and owners of the 1971, 1972 and 1973 Ford Mustang! We are not affiliated with Ford Motor Company in any way.

Site Navigation

Forums
Gallery
7173 Wiki
Blogs
Clubs

7173logo_small.png

Site Info

Founded:
July 2010

By:
Webfinity Design

From:
Latrobe, PA

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help customize your user experience here on 7173Mustangs.com. You can adjust your cookie settings to your preferences if you like, otherwise we'll assume that you're okay to continue.