72 C6 Automatic Value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I have a C6 Automatic from a 72 CJ car that was rebuilt, has the yolk, the flex plate and the torque converter all of which are new (except for the yolk.)

The unit is rebuilt and ready to go into a car with no cleaning or rework required. Has been stored inside under my workbench for the last 8 years. What can I get for this thing this week?

Kris---

I have a C6 Automatic from a 72 CJ car that was rebuilt, has the yolk, the flex plate and the torque converter all of which are new (except for the yolk.)

The unit is rebuilt and ready to go into a car with no cleaning or rework required. Has been stored inside under my workbench for the last 8 years. What can I get for this thing this week?

Kris---
OK, looks like no one knows. I guess I will sell it to the local parts guy cheap and make room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trans is a tough sell

You need to have a local person who needs it

What size converter?

Got to love the low cost of repairing our C6 transmissions. I had a Audi with a CVT tranmission (out of warranty of course). A check engine code came on but it ran fine. Turns out the transmission had a small eletrical device going bad, cost me $1,500.00 to replace it. Only difference after replacing it was the check engine light no longer came on.

I gave my last small bell C6 away.

Got 50 for a mint FMX. Nobody wanted it either.

I sold mine last spring for $100.00. Racers prefer the C4. Truck guys still want the C6, maybe advertise it on a truck forum.
Thanks everyone. That helps a lot!

Back