What are you and your family doing for the Holidays

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
We usually stay home for Christmas, but this year my wife and I are going to spend the week in Birmingham Alabama to visit our daughter. She was married back in June and moved from Virginia to Birmingham where her new husband is from. We have not seen her since June so off to Alabama we go.

Anyone here have any special plans for the holidays?

We're hoping to do a central visit at my brother Paul's in Marrietta, Ohio. Kids are in Pittsburgh 2hrs, Brother Tom is 3.5hrs from Erie, Pauls daughter is same. And I'm 8hrs. Should be a blast!

We are spending the evening with my wife´s sister. If that wasn´t bad enough, there are her 3 PITA kids and her weirdo husband who might not speak a word to anyone all night and make everyone feel less than welcome. I just hope we get over with it quickly.....

:(

We are spending the evening with my wife´s sister. If that wasn´t bad enough, there are her 3 PITA kids and her weirdo husband who might not speak a word to anyone all night and make everyone feel less than welcome. I just hope we get over with it quickly.....

:(
We also had one of those. When his wife introduced "Richard" I stuck out my hand and said "Merry Christmas! Dick". It's RICHARD! was the reply. For the next 15 years I took great pleasure in breaking old RICHARD down. I always greeted him as DICK. Best one was second visit when I got the "RICHARD" and I ask NOGGIN? (yeah I've been a SA a long time) Whole place busted out and we got along pretty well after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter is flying from Boston to Chicago where she will join my son and they will drive down to Memphis to spend the holidays with Mom (the First Lady) and Dad (Me) and their little brother.

That has become a traditional thing for us...the "Kids" hook up and come "home" for the holidays and we host them:(. Actually, it is the BEST time of the year for us (Me). With the event in Newtown, I feel it is especially relevant to have family close.

BT

We were flying from ok to pa. My little girl was in the hospital with rsv and now my 6 month old boy is sick

So we r staying put

We were flying from ok to pa. My little girl was in the hospital with rsv and now my 6 month old boy is sick

So we r staying put
Sorry to hear about your kids being sick. Hopefully the holidays will cheer them up!

My wife and I are heading to LA to take a train trip along the coast up to Seattle where we'll visit my brothers and mother for a couple days. James (Wolverine) has put together a walking tour of LA for us since we'll be there a couple days. Hope to tip a beer or two with him while we're there.

My wife and I are heading to LA to take a train trip along the coast up to Seattle where we'll visit my brothers and mother for a couple days. James (Wolverine) has put together a walking tour of LA for us since we'll be there a couple days. Hope to tip a beer or two with him while we're there.
A scenic train trip is on my bucket list. I priced a trip out once for our family of 6 when the kids were younger, but surprisingly to me it was much cheaper for us to fly.

A scenic train trip is on my bucket list. I priced a trip out once for our family of 6 when the kids were younger, but surprisingly to me it was much cheaper for us to fly.
That's very true. I'm hoping the beautiful scenery will be worth the extra cost. I'll post up some pics after we return.

Back