Pedal Box Dilemma,

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
Help!

I am almost ready to reinstall the pedal box and steering column. My orifinal pedal box has a lot of differences in shape where the fuse block bracket resides. I have a second pedal box which was an original manual pedal assembly.

First, has anyone ever successfully installed a pedal assist spring when converting an automatic pedal box to a manual pedal box.

Second, What does the fuse block bracket for a 72 look like and where does it attach?

Thanks forthe in put!

View attachment 11086

View attachment 11087

The pedal box on the right has the fuse block holder on it. Which one are you installing? I took my spring assembly all apart to paint it and really had no problem on the reassembly end

Last edited by a moderator:
The pedal box on the right has the fuse block holder on it. Which one are you installing? I took my spring assembly all apart to paint it and really had no problem on the reassembly end
I want to use the box on the right. I just need to install a spring for the pedal assist. If you look close, there is no place to mount the fuse block bracket on the left pedal box. Also look at the difference in the main stamping right at th fuse block bracket area? Is that because the one on the right came from a tilt column car where the one on the left did not? By the way, I do need an assist spring. Anyone have a spare?

I want to use the box on the right. I just need to install a spring for the pedal assist. If you look close, there is no place to mount the fuse block bracket on the left pedal box. Also look at the difference in the main stamping right at th fuse block bracket area? Is that because the one on the right came from a tilt column car where the one on the left did not? By the way, I do need an assist spring. Anyone have a spare?
The one on the left should have 2 holes for the block bracket. As for the boxes themselves Don at OMS can tell you the difference but I think your looking at a 71/72 vs a 73. The steering coloumns are differnt on the 73s. Don would also probably have a spring. Give him a PM or call 440-949-2556

The one on the left should have 2 holes for the block bracket. As for the boxes themselves Don at OMS can tell you the difference but I think your looking at a 71/72 vs a 73. The steering coloumns are differnt on the 73s. Don would also probably have a spring. Give him a PM or call 440-949-2556
What color did you paint your pedal box? What did you buy it from? Thanks for the references and info above!

What color did you paint your pedal box? What did you buy it from? Thanks for the references and info above!
I'm doing my car non concourse in a semi gloss black and Iron cast.

DSCN2256.JPGDSCN2257.JPG

Back