red/white Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Hey guys, for once I'm not asking a noob mechanical question. :) Came across a picture on the site awhile back of a '71 or '72 red Mustang (coupe or convertible) with a NASA hood and Mach I stenciling in white. It also had white Mach I stripes down the side with no Mach I lettering. I spent all night last night trying to find it again but no luck! Has anyone come across the picture or know which thread it might be in? Thanks for any help!

I am confused what you mean by "Mach I stenciling"?

You mention Mach I lettering later so I am confused with the difference.

The hood would not normally have any stenciling other than possibly "351 RAM AIR", "429 RAM AIR" or just for the Boss 351 - "RAM AIR".

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
I am confused what you mean by "Mach I stenciling"?

You mention Mach I lettering later so I am confused with the difference.

The hood would not normally have any stenciling other than possibly "351 RAM AIR", "429 RAM AIR" or just for the Boss 351 - "RAM AIR".

Ray
Actually there are stencils for the black on the hoods (there painted on). I did not use one but instead used a diagram provided by Don at Ohio Mustang. All lettering is from a kit similar to the side stripes.

Thanks for the pictures guys. Unfortunately they weren't the one I had seen awhile back. Instead of driving myself crazy searching for it I just mocked it up in Photoshop real quick. :) It's not the coupe but I get a much better idea of what the color scheme would look like. Seriously thinking about doing this once I get the bodywork done since bright red was the cars original color. Anyway thanks again for helping me search!

2uz6vsi.jpg

Back