PICS-- MORE PROGRESS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Really on a roll... I'm hoping to shoot the entire car in epoxy within the next week or so..I decided to prep a bunch of other parts that are going to need to be epoxy primed too...This way we can spray them at the same time..So today I disassembled the 4 spd pedal bracket & pedal assemblys..We media blasted that..the frt bumper mount...Gas pedal assembly & finished up the frt valance...I also fitted the headlamp boxes....

100_4328.JPG100_4329.JPG100_4340.JPG100_4341.JPG100_4347.JPG100_4342.JPG100_4345.JPG100_4350.JPG

Really on a roll... I'm hoping to shoot the entire car in epoxy within the next week or so..I decided to prep a bunch of other parts that are going to need to be epoxy primed too...This way we can spray them at the same time..So today I disassembled the 4 spd pedal bracket & pedal assemblys..We media blasted that..the frt bumper mount...Gas pedal assembly & finished up the frt valance...I also fitted the headlamp boxes....
Now I'm really confused. I thought you paint fenders, doors, valance. trunk lid, seperately off the car to assure coverage. :huh: Somebody give me a engine to work on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm really confused. I thought you paint fenders, doors, valance. trunk lid, seperately off the car to assure coverage. :huh: Somebody give me a engine to work on.
Your Correct...I just need a base of epoxy on all the OUTER skins WHILE everything is in perfect alignment so I can do the filler work on the OUTER skins...The reason being that sometimes you have to carry your filler work through to the adjacent panel to get perfect lines gaps etc. Once thats done..I will take it apart ..epoxy prime the entire part off the car...Then 2k off the car..Other wise its an extra step of take it apart put it together again....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Here you can hire a blast cabinet, you just pay per hour for everything (abrasive,gritt / protection / etc., 42Euro/hr.).

You start with a clean cabinet and ends with a clean one, that's the rule.

Remember it is tiring and dirty work ... ENJOY

see pic's ::thumb::

Your paint job with epoxy finish; who can I go through that can coordinate such an effort on my 72 mustang, gone through 2 paint jobs since 2003/ feel like good old boys kind of job/only had vehicle out only a couple days since last paint job 2010 and paint falling off, cracks in seams....need find someone in my area Westmoreland County near mustang.com ground zero, these under the table jobs for @ 5K not right and can not find reasonable painter that warrants work w/receipt attached to work, reasonable, priced? 5K sounds unreasonably high but this, "we want cash for job", not right but do not want to deal this way anymore. (Latrobe/Greensburg, PA area)
Y

Hi Scott (Q),

Was the pictures still watching and could not give a location of this metal plate, help me ...

Have a Mach1-1973-FMX-351C, maybe this is not used on this car?

:blush:

Hi Scott (Q),

Was the pictures still watching and could not give a location of this metal plate, help me ...

I believe that is the bumper backing plate for a 71-72 car with a chrome bumper. A 73 with the big lip urethane bumper doesn't use that.

Hi Scott (Q),

That's the inner bracket of the front poly bumper

Hi Scott (Q),

I believe that is the bumper backing plate for a 71-72 car with a chrome bumper. A 73 with the big lip urethane bumper doesn't use that.
Correct..front CHROME bumper reinforcement / mounting plate

Your paint job with epoxy finish; who can I go through that can coordinate such an effort on my 72 mustang, gone through 2 paint jobs since 2003/ feel like good old boys kind of job/only had vehicle out only a couple days since last paint job 2010 and paint falling off, cracks in seams....need find someone in my area Westmoreland County near mustang.com ground zero, these under the table jobs for @ 5K not right and can not find reasonable painter that warrants work w/receipt attached to work, reasonable, priced? 5K sounds unreasonably high but this, "we want cash for job", not right but do not want to deal this way anymore. (Latrobe/Greensburg, PA area)

Y
Mustang Medic ? Just kidding :whistling:

I feel for you..But this is what happens when the proper repair techniques procedures aren't used..It's also what happens when a shop does a repair taking short cuts just to meet a customers budget..instead of telling the customer the correct way. save their money till they can afford to do it right..It's one of the reasons I've posted up lots of videos..given advice to the members..tried to steer you guys in the right direction..All to educate you and hopefully avoid this problem..There's plently of guys out there who call themselves "RESTORATION" shops but only a hanful who do it right back it up with a warrenty. I will tell you that 5k just isn't enough these days for a proper quality paint job...Materials alone is about 3K ..The problem you have now is that no one will warrenty their job with out stripping the car to bare metal..To do a job like I'm doing on my car JUST to strip to bare metal..remove trim..take out glass..very little body work..paint..put back together is going to run you around 12-15k..Cash credit card that should have nothing to do with a quality job...So be prepared to spend that kind of money to do it once & do it right..

Y
Mustang Medic ? Just kidding :whistling:

I feel for you..But this is what happens when the proper repair techniques procedures aren't used..It's also what happens when a shop does a repair taking short cuts just to meet a customers budget..instead of telling the customer the correct way. save their money till they can afford to do it right..It's one of the reasons I've posted up lots of videos..given advice to the members..tried to steer you guys in the right direction..All to educate you and hopefully avoid this problem..There's plently of guys out there who call themselves "RESTORATION" shops but only a hanful who do it right back it up with a warrenty. I will tell you that 5k just isn't enough these days for a proper quality paint job...Materials alone is about 3K ..The problem you have now is that no one will warrenty their job with out stripping the car to bare metal..To do a job like I'm doing on my car JUST to strip to bare metal..remove trim..take out glass..very little body work..paint..put back together is going to run you around 12-15k..Cash credit card that should have nothing to do with a quality job...So be prepared to spend that kind of money to do it once & do it right..
Heart said it best when she said "Tell it like it is" +++++1

Back