New Magnum 500 questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
I just got my new Magnum 500s in the mail. Noticed some imperfections. Is this normal or should I send them back? These are shots from each rim. Each one has small nicks in the chrome. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197743.475571.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197755.697707.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197767.517032.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197786.605442.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197797.564232.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197806.647730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197820.435399.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356197831.785093.jpg

I don't know if that's normal but if its as bad as it looks in the pics that suck. They're spots where they'll start to rust and peal...

I got a set back in the spring from "MU" and they had no imperfections, like SILVERBACK said,"They're spots where they'll start to rust and peal..."

I would give them a call, BTW who did you get them from?

I would not accept those, especially from Summit. I have never had an issue returning anything to Summit.

Who is going to eat the freight?

When you call, or email(they are responsive within 48 hours), ask them if this is normal.

If they say yes, everyone here is forewarned and you can tell them the quality is much less than you expected.

If they say no, then you should get a better set next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and spoke with Summit. They passed me off to Wheel Vitiques who made the rims. They are closed for the weekend and so I am going to sent them and email and follow up on Monday.

Any other thoughts before I speak with them?

The 2 with little spots may be ok

The grinder marks and divets are not good

If the scrapes and scratches are on the front side I'd send them back. One photo almost looks like it has been curbed. Don't expect the back side of any Wheel Vintiques wheels to be pretty. Chuck

Be knowledgeable by letting them know they will start to rust at those spots and the chrome will quickly peel and flake off.

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

Become a VIP member and get a 7173mustangs.com email address.

Let them know you have addressed this forum with the issue.

You might be surprised at the extra attention you will get. They know they have 1700 potential customers here.

And if they don't know, they'll lose 1700 potential customers here.

I also got mine from Summit. There was a couple of "very" small defects on one wheel but nothing like yours, so I kept them. It "appears" you may have at least one wheel that had been returned, touched up and then returned to enventory since there are indications of grinding (heat marks). Although we can't expect perfection for the price, I would ask for replacements for those wheels with the defects you pointed out.

Become a VIP member and get a 7173mustangs.com email address.

Let them know you have addressed this forum with the issue.

You might be surprised at the extra attention you will get. They know they have 1700 potential customers here.

And if they don't know, they'll lose 1700 potential customers here.
A good idea. I just submitted my information.

SH.. , I'm just getting make my order to Mustang Unlimited (i'm asking what brand they working with and the use also Wheel Vitiques).

Then returning from Belgium to the USA!!

Made in the USA then I go for quality ... (still a big difference with China or Taiwan)

:(

I would not except those, especially from Summit. I have never had an issue returning anything to Summit.

Who is going to eat the freight?

When you call, or email(they are responsive within 48 hours), ask them if this is normal.

If they say yes, everyone here is forewarned and you can tell them the quality is much less than you expected.

If they say no, then you should get a better set next time.
What happen to your love of the grammer and English on this sight? Except or accept. Hmmm

one almost looks like a weight has been mounted and removed. They would be back on summits door step and they could deal with whoever they got them from. Thats crap you bought them from Summit not the maker.

Ok so I coud not let it go today and chatted with a Summit rep online. I uploaded the pictures to him and he agreed the damage was too much to ignore. The good news: they have initiated a recall order and it will be picked up from my house on Thursday (delay because of Christmas) and will send me out a new set. The bad: they have none in stock. It will be the middle of January before I get the new set.

He claims these come straight from Wheel Vintique, however the shipping label is from one of their warehouses. If I had wanted a refund it would have been 2 weeks before the refund would have appeared on my card, which puts me in about the same boat before I could order and have a new set sent to me. We shall see.

I think I may contact Wheel Vintique anyway and show them the pictures and express my concern about the quality I received. If they care about their product, hopefully they will be ok with the feedback. On the bright side... The local Sears is offering me a really good deal (around 95 per tire) for BFGoodrich 235/60/15s. Going to call them tomorrow and see if I need to go ahead and purchase the tires to hold the price. That put them about 40 dollars cheaper per tire than the closest competitor.

Ok so I coud not let it go today and chatted with a Summit rep online. I uploaded the pictures to him and he agreed the damage was too much to ignore. The good news: they have initiated a recall order and it will be picked up from my house on Thursday (delay because of Christmas) and will send me out a new set. The bad: they have none in stock. It will be the middle of January before I get the new set.

He claims these come straight from Wheel Vintique, however the shipping label is from one of their warehouses. If I had wanted a refund it would have been 2 weeks before the refund would have appeared on my card, which puts me in about the same boat before I could order and have a new set sent to me. We shall see.

I think I may contact Wheel Vintique anyway and show them the pictures and express my concern about the quality I received. If they care about their product, hopefully they will be ok with the feedback. On the bright side... The local Sears is offering me a really good deal (around 95 per tire) for BFGoodrich 235/60/15s. Going to call them tomorrow and see if I need to go ahead and purchase the tires to hold the price. That put them about 40 dollars cheaper per tire than the closest competitor.
I got my BFG 235/60R15's from Sears as well -by far the lowest price I could find anywhere for those tires.

Back