New Magnum 500 questions

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a set back in the spring from "MU" and they had no imperfections, like SILVERBACK said,"They're spots where they'll start to rust and peal..."

I would give them a call, BTW who did you get them from?

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I would see that others say first, before calling them.

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I would not accept those, especially from Summit. I have never had an issue returning anything to Summit.

Who is going to eat the freight?

When you call, or email(they are responsive within 48 hours), ask them if this is normal.

If they say yes, everyone here is forewarned and you can tell them the quality is much less than you expected.

If they say no, then you should get a better set next time.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me

I went ahead and spoke with Summit. They passed me off to Wheel Vitiques who made the rims. They are closed for the weekend and so I am going to sent them and email and follow up on Monday.

Any other thoughts before I speak with them?

If the scrapes and scratches are on the front side I'd send them back. One photo almost looks like it has been curbed. Don't expect the back side of any Wheel Vintiques wheels to be pretty. Chuck

Become a VIP member and get a 7173mustangs.com email address.

Let them know you have addressed this forum with the issue.

You might be surprised at the extra attention you will get. They know they have 1700 potential customers here.

And if they don't know, they'll lose 1700 potential customers here.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me

I also got mine from Summit. There was a couple of "very" small defects on one wheel but nothing like yours, so I kept them. It "appears" you may have at least one wheel that had been returned, touched up and then returned to enventory since there are indications of grinding (heat marks). Although we can't expect perfection for the price, I would ask for replacements for those wheels with the defects you pointed out.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Become a VIP member and get a 7173mustangs.com email address.

Let them know you have addressed this forum with the issue.

You might be surprised at the extra attention you will get. They know they have 1700 potential customers here.

And if they don't know, they'll lose 1700 potential customers here.

A good idea. I just submitted my information.

SH.. , I'm just getting make my order to Mustang Unlimited (i'm asking what brand they working with and the use also Wheel Vitiques).

Then returning from Belgium to the USA!!

Made in the USA then I go for quality ... (still a big difference with China or Taiwan)

:(

I would not except those, especially from Summit. I have never had an issue returning anything to Summit.

Who is going to eat the freight?

When you call, or email(they are responsive within 48 hours), ask them if this is normal.

If they say yes, everyone here is forewarned and you can tell them the quality is much less than you expected.

If they say no, then you should get a better set next time.

What happen to your love of the grammer and English on this sight? Except or accept. Hmmm

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Ok so I coud not let it go today and chatted with a Summit rep online. I uploaded the pictures to him and he agreed the damage was too much to ignore. The good news: they have initiated a recall order and it will be picked up from my house on Thursday (delay because of Christmas) and will send me out a new set. The bad: they have none in stock. It will be the middle of January before I get the new set.

He claims these come straight from Wheel Vintique, however the shipping label is from one of their warehouses. If I had wanted a refund it would have been 2 weeks before the refund would have appeared on my card, which puts me in about the same boat before I could order and have a new set sent to me. We shall see.

I think I may contact Wheel Vintique anyway and show them the pictures and express my concern about the quality I received. If they care about their product, hopefully they will be ok with the feedback. On the bright side... The local Sears is offering me a really good deal (around 95 per tire) for BFGoodrich 235/60/15s. Going to call them tomorrow and see if I need to go ahead and purchase the tires to hold the price. That put them about 40 dollars cheaper per tire than the closest competitor.

Ok so I coud not let it go today and chatted with a Summit rep online. I uploaded the pictures to him and he agreed the damage was too much to ignore. The good news: they have initiated a recall order and it will be picked up from my house on Thursday (delay because of Christmas) and will send me out a new set. The bad: they have none in stock. It will be the middle of January before I get the new set.

He claims these come straight from Wheel Vintique, however the shipping label is from one of their warehouses. If I had wanted a refund it would have been 2 weeks before the refund would have appeared on my card, which puts me in about the same boat before I could order and have a new set sent to me. We shall see.

I think I may contact Wheel Vintique anyway and show them the pictures and express my concern about the quality I received. If they care about their product, hopefully they will be ok with the feedback. On the bright side... The local Sears is offering me a really good deal (around 95 per tire) for BFGoodrich 235/60/15s. Going to call them tomorrow and see if I need to go ahead and purchase the tires to hold the price. That put them about 40 dollars cheaper per tire than the closest competitor.

I got my BFG 235/60R15's from Sears as well -by far the lowest price I could find anywhere for those tires.

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

Looking at the pictures those wheels WERE DEFINITIVELY mounted or damaged prior to you receiving them..Probley a simple matter that they were restocked & sold again (To You) I have never had an issue with returning anything to summit & they have always gone out of their way for me to make it right make sure I was satisfied...

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

I'm glad to hear that they are taking good care of you.

Iyman

Looking at the pictures those wheels WERE DEFINITIVELY mounted or damaged prior to you receiving them..Probley a simple matter that they were restocked & sold again (To You) I have never had an issue with returning anything to summit & they have always gone out of their way for me to make it right make sure I was satisfied...

+1 I had a couple of gauges break on me and I contacted summit about the warranty. They shipped me new ones no questions asked and even picked up the broken ones, I was quite pleased with their customer service.

Jayson

504x177https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg[/img]

73 Mach 1 Mustang

89 Dodge Shadow ES

94 Jeep Wrangler

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my new Magnum 500s in the mail. Noticed some imperfections. Is this normal or should I send them back? These are shots from each rim. Each one has small nicks in the chrome.

I would send them back. Noticed cheap job chroming them as this garage left my stang out in the weather as garage owner that was to do some work come down with heart problems, no telling when he'd get to it, no room in his shop to take up for the work the rest were turning over. the No time at all, chrome just fell off and rusted up under neath within just weeks thereafter. There was no recourse as I could see with those circumstances. When you get the exchange hope you put some good finish's on it, always garage kept, even climate control and kept dry.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just canceled my order. After many emails and calls, summit is now saying it will be the middle of February before I get them in (maybe). They blame Wheel Vintiques, but could not answer why they list them on their site as shipping today.

Anyone used JEGS before?

Just canceled my order. After many emails and calls, summit is now saying it will be the middle of February before I get them in (maybe). They blame Wheel Vintiques, but could not answer why they list them on their site as shipping today.

Anyone used JEGS before?

Wow...That sucks..And yes...I use Jegs most...Never had a issue with them...Nor with freinds returning stuff too them....I got the best deal on my 351 manifold from them at the time...Got my cam and kit from them too....They havent sent me any junk yet {knocks on wood}

You defenatly need to keep a eye on what you get..lol..I drove truck for a shipping company that dealed in auto parts and tractor parts..We delivered freight too John Deer and local auto parts stores like auto zone....And always check your parts soon as you get them...Warehouses can be hard on them...lol