New Magnum 500 questions

I ordered a set from CJ Pony Parts on Jan 6. Their site does not indicate what is/is not in stock, but they called soon after and said they were on back order until Jan 16 (today). I haven't heard anything since but will post when I do.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a set from CJ Pony Parts on Jan 6. Their site does not indicate what is/is not in stock, but they called soon after and said they were on back order until Jan 16 (today). I haven't heard anything since but will post when I do.

Standard answer check back on Tuesday

• 2 weeks later...

Ran down to have the tires put on the rims. Three if them were ok, but the other wobbles and is warped. That means of the 8 Wheel Vintiques, 5 of them have been bad. Sending it back Monday and should get a new one in a couple of weeks.

REALLY?!? I'd understand getting a batch of duds that u stop sending out when u notice or one getting egged dropped while being shipped. But this is rediculous.

Without a really good explanation and some killer customer service (like they overnight a replacement and eat the cost or cover the cost of mounting the bad one...) I would say that the company is a dud...

[align=center]M a r k

'71 Mustang Mach 1 | M Code 351C (with 2bbl heads) | C6

aka: Silverback, WS6 TA, JYDog, 83 Crossfire TA, mpikas, mmp...[/align]

I cannot blame the retailer for this, but I do blame Wheel Vintiques. I was hoping an all US company would do better.

JEGS has agreed to pay for shipping and replace it. Hopefully these companies will have words with the manufacture.

Got my rims from JEGS today. They look great. I had ordered my tires fro Sears a few weeks ago but they are now on sale for $89. They refunded me the difference.

How are you those BFGs for $89?????

$177 for 275-60-15 and $155 for 245-60-15 on there website!

I went to the store and asked. Originally they were 95 on the website for 235/60/15s but the next day they disappeared. I called and spoke with the manager and they found them. By the time I had them mounted, a sale was running on all BF tires, so he dropped it for me.

Looking at the pictures those wheels WERE DEFINITIVELY mounted or damaged prior to you receiving them..Probley a simple matter that they were restocked & sold again (To You) I have never had an issue with returning anything to summit & they have always gone out of their way for me to make it right make sure I was satisfied...

+1 I had a couple of gauges break on me and I contacted summit about the warranty. They shipped me new ones no questions asked and even picked up the broken ones, I was quite pleased with their customer service.

Quite right, re: Summit. Anything you get from them, they stand by their products.

With Sears, they mounted my Magnum 500 X 8's to BFG 15 X 60 X 45's, which was not purchased from them, of course although service like anyother customer however they did it "under the table" as explained to me the same as from all those other shops that refused to mount them, reason was these items are not manufacturer specs for the 72 mustang. Those that turned me down included the Ford garages.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Got my rims from JEGS today. They look great. I had ordered my tires fro Sears a few weeks ago but they are now on sale for $89. They refunded me the difference.

Before my pc shuts down again, (something going on w/internet) but and this is 7th attempt to get this to you, w/ a tiny pic, the 275's will they fit on any 72 model without reconstruction of wheel well? My 245's in rear with 15 x 8: magnum wheels, keeping the 225'sx7 on front but when the 245's burn out, would be thinking of 275's, (through Summit?)

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

These finally arrived today. They appear to be good quality and I am satisfied. (BTW, they are stamped inside as "Made in USA".)

Before my pc shuts down again, (something going on w/internet) but and this is 7th attempt to get this to you, w/ a tiny pic, the 275's will they fit on any 72 model without reconstruction of wheel well? My 245's in rear with 15 x 8: magnum wheels, keeping the 225'sx7 on front but when the 245's burn out, would be thinking of 275's, (through Summit?)

I will have to let one of the other guys answer this one. I am unsure.

These finally arrived today. They appear to be good quality and I am satisfied. (BTW, they are stamped inside as "Made in USA".)

If you go to Wheel Vintiques website, they have a video on how they make them.

Glad yours turned out well.

try this

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got 4 good rims for my car. It took 9 to get 4, but at least it finally worked.

So, what size tires did you end up with?

Also, did you leave your rear suspension stock?

Thanks.

I finally got 4 good rims for my car. It took 9 to get 4, but at least it finally worked.

So, what size tires did you end up with?

Also, did you leave your rear suspension stock?

Thanks.

BFGoodrich radial t/a 235/60/15 all the way around. I decided against staggering the sizes.

I have not changed the suspension yet, but will be updating everything once I get it back from the shop. Not going to move it too far from stock however, but just replacing 40 year old parts.

• 4 months later...