Chris' Custom 'Vert Build Thread ( For Sale)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, really nice car! Love that color.. Can't wait to get color on my car.. :-)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Thanks, I just looked at your build and it looks pretty sweet!

1971 Mustang convertible- My first car bought when I was 12 in 2008, re painted by me in 2013 with help from my boss and my dad! Still making it perfect!

Thanks, I just looked at your build and it looks pretty sweet!

Thanks! I really hope it will be when I'm done with it.. :-)

What about your car, any update since your interior upgrade? :-)

Under construction!!

Your car is an inspiration for us all, great job and really cool about the car show wins.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Thanks so much everybody, I haven't done much with it since summer, I still love the seats, and I got some new door panels for Christmas that I still need to put in. In other news I'm applying to a college called McPherson in Kansas. It is the only school in the word to offer a 4 year bachelors in Automotive Restoration, so I'm really excited about that. We were going to go to the 50th anniversary Mustang cruise in Vegas, but we decided to visit the college instead.

1971 Mustang convertible- My first car bought when I was 12 in 2008, re painted by me in 2013 with help from my boss and my dad! Still making it perfect!

Thanks so much everybody, I haven't done much with it since summer, I still love the seats, and I got some new door panels for Christmas that I still need to put in. In other news I'm applying to a college called McPherson in Kansas. It is the only school in the word to offer a 4 year bachelors in Automotive Restoration, so I'm really excited about that. We were going to go to the 50th anniversary Mustang cruise in Vegas, but we decided to visit the college instead.

Hey! thats pretty close to me if you need some practice...:D

Me too, it's about 150 miles north of where we live.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Hey! thats pretty close to me if you need some practice...:D

Me too, it's about 150 miles north of where we live.

Haha, ya I'll drop by sometime!

i'll bet its the color that does it,.. well , for me it sure does.. very nice looking Convertible you have there!!

'72 Mustang , well, its black???

• 3 months later...

Prom pictures! Luckily the weather held off and the mustang got to be my chariot to senior prom! We had a great time, and of course she loved the car.

DSC_0318-002_zps949f6fd3.jpg

DSC_0317-002_zps090ec859.jpg

DSC_0312-002_zps3dbf31b8.jpg

A friend from school just finished painting his 65 mustang and wanted to buy my wheels. I didn't think I was quite ready for wheels yet, but he is giving me a good price, and I found some sweet wheels and tires at Americas Tire that are not much more than I am selling mine for! I'm going with the MB Old Schools in a 17 for the front and an 18 on the rear.

Lakeside21.jpg

(I KNOW! I KNOW! Camaro on a Mustang forum...) But this is the setup I am getting.

DSCF1065.jpg

Ideally I would get some 3 piece wheels from Billet Specialties or Mht, but I would want new brakes for them to look right and another $4,000 isn't in the budget!

While Im waiting on the new wheels I decided to make a nice home for them. Im cleaning and painting the rear wheel wells, which is stage 2 to having the whole underside clean and nice!

IMGP2309_zps96579cd2.jpg

IMGP2303_zps5a0cfe51.jpg

IMGP2304_zps6c5dc07d.jpg

Undercoating has kept everything nice and fresh! WooHoo!

IMGP2305_zpse515271c.jpg

IMGP2307_zps2812a885.jpg

Wow! She's a lucky girl to hang out with you! I like your choice of wheels, and am anxious to see them on your Stang! What size tires will you going to use?

-Travis

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

Wow! She's a lucky girl to hang out with you! I like your choice of wheels, and am anxious to see them on your Stang! What size tires will you going to use?

-Travis

Haha, thanks! I'm going with a 255/45/18 on the rear and a 225/45/17 on the front. I'm ordering them tomorrow and hopefully they will be in in about a week or so!

awesome job..

If I might ask what color did you use.. its exactly what I was thinking for my car..

Thanks! I mixed a custom color from PPG. It is very translucent so I had to put on 6 coats of base to even it out.

Great pictures and cool ride to the prom!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Those wheels will look good on your car. Looking forward to seeing them installed.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Thanks so much for the complements! I sold my old wheels yesterday, we had to try them on his mustang to make sure they fit. It was REALLY close in the back (we had to bend the tabs on the fender lip), but they ended up clearing and he loves them.

IMGP2311_zps1337eb32.jpg

Also got the wheels and tires ordered today from Americas Tire. They ended up being more than $200 cheaper than I thought! I'm so stoked to get them on!

Well... bad news, I got a call from Americas Tire, and they said there is only one 17x7 MB old school in the world. They are producing more as we speak, but it will be June 9th before they can get them. However, since the car will be on jack stands for a month, I will tackle the job of thoroughly cleaning and painting the underside. I'm not gonna go super crazy and strip all the paint off (that would take forever and be absolutely miserable without a lift) but it will look a heck of a lot better.

Well... bad news, I got a call from Americas Tire, and they said there is only one 17x7 MB old school in the world. They are producing more as we speak, but it will be June 9th before they can get them. However, since the car will be on jack stands for a month, I will tackle the job of thoroughly cleaning and painting the underside. I'm not gonna go super crazy and strip all the paint off (that would take forever and be absolutely miserable without a lift) but it will look a heck of a lot better.

My dad has a lift in his garage and last weekend i cleaned and painted the underside. Had some leftover Rustbullet so the most rust prone areas got special treatment. I didnt go super crazy stripping the old paint off either as it really is A LOT of work. Unfortunatly i did'nt take any pics but it looks much better. I mainly just did it to help proctect the future of my car. Luckily my floors and frame is pretty solid but i've seen what can happen from the various cars and projects going on here.

Car looks great, I had my 65 when i was in HS and did the Prom thing in that car. What a blast, many memories.

• 2 weeks later...

My wheels came in early!!! Woohoo! Huge shout out to Americas Tire, they have always been great to work with. The wheels and tires came in on Tuesday, and I mounted them up Wednesday morning. They looked awesome, except the front tires just looked a little too small in the wheel wells. I went back in that evening to order new front tires thinking I would be taking a hit for choosing the wrong size. Well they ended up just charging me the $6 difference in the cost of the tires! They didn't even charge for mounting and balancing. He special ordered them as I stood there and they arrived today just in time for the car show this weekend. I ended up with a 225/50/17 on the front and 255/45/18 on the back and I couldn't be happier with the look and ride!

IMGP2393_zpse097bb60.jpg

IMGP2394_zps872225da.jpg

IMGP2397_zpsd4dec180.jpg

IMGP2395_zps8948da35.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice! They fit that car perfect, I like that color on the wheels.. :)

Under construction!!