• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Mach 1 hood.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang convertible. my first car, Im in the process of "refreshing" it.
Just like the title says, Im looking for a scooped Mach 1 hood. I have looked on craigslist and haven't seen any, I know they make reproductions, but I've heard bad things about quality and fitment. So if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I would very much appreciate it. Also if you have had a positive experience with a repro hood I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks.

Just like the title says, Im looking for a scooped Mach 1 hood. I have looked on craigslist and haven't seen any, I know they make reproductions, but I've heard bad things about quality and fitment. So if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I would very much appreciate it. Also if you have had a positive experience with a repro hood I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks.
If you don't want a reproduction, here is an NOS hood in Indiana. Needs some work though and the price is a little steep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1971-1972-19...es&vxp=mtr

If you don't want a reproduction, here is an NOS hood in Indiana. Needs some work though and the price is a little steep.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1971-1972-19...es&vxp=mtr
Sorry Chris - looks like that hood is now gone. It was there yesterday :huh:. I will keep my eyes open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say anything bad about the Dynacorn repro hood. It has an exact fit, good production quality and has ervery bore, hole and thread where it belongs - even the holes for mounting the washer hoses and nozzles. It goes for about 300 bucks in part shops.

Happy Christmas, guys!

Michael

I will keep my eyes open. At least you have the internet. When I was looking for hard to find parts (hood, tilt, etc) all I had was the local paper, a few magazines and a phone. Found a hood here in Phoenix, had the tilt steering sent to me from Florida neither were cheap. I don't even want to talk about what I paid for NOS rocker moldings....

Thanks everybody, I'm thinking more heavily about getting a repro. I very much appreciate you guys keeping an eye out though. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I have one I would sell in primer in pretty good share slight surface rust underneath easily sandable. I have a guy com in to look at my project this week if he doesn't buy the hood I would sell the hood I have another one mint I'm using for my car. Where are you located?

I have one I would sell in primer in pretty good share slight surface rust underneath easily sandable. I have a guy com in to look at my project this week if he doesn't buy the hood I would sell the hood I have another one mint I'm using for my car. Where are you located?
Ooooo, sounds good. I'm in Eugene, Oregon.

Look up here by me in Seattle. I've gotten two in the last year. No mine are not fo sale sorry. there is a guy parting a 72 in the portland craigslist, All american is parting a 72 mach as well but expensive, the are a speciality salvage yard.

I have a 71 sports roof, needed more hood room so i put repoduction mach 1 hood worked out great

Back