early christmas for me

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
The motor on my 27 year old and massively abused Campbell Hausfeld air compressor died. So Santa came early and about ruptured a gut unloading this off the sleigh. Chuck

IMG_0795.jpg

The motor on my 27 year old and massively abused Campbell Hausfeld air compressor died. So Santa came early and about ruptured a gut unloading this off the sleigh. Chuck
If I were elected President, I would gut virtually all cabinet departments. However, I would make it the law of the land that every single home in America must have two things:

1. An air compressor at least as big as yours.

2. Either an hydraulic lift or oil change pit- Choice is yours.

Oh...and make that 3 things:

3. Every cooler sold in the country must have a bottle opener on it.

Hi Chuck,

Congrats on your new comp! Hope she gives you years of good service.

BTW, do you know what the Cubic feet per minute output spec is and also the Free air delivery spec is as well on that model?

Have a good Christmas,

Greg:)

Singe phase???????????????
Yes, single phase 240VAC, 21 Amps, 5HP.

15.7 cfm at 100 PSI, 15.2 cfm at 175 PSI

Motor RPM=3450, 4 cylinder compressor RPM=1310

That's sweet. I have a Campbell Hausfeld I picked up about 20 years ago. Little 5 or 10 gallon thing with wheels. I hate using it since it is so darn loud. I don't have a good spot for a big compressor but I was thinking a small slab on the side of the house along with something to protect it from the not-too-bad phoenix environment. How long does it take something like that to have some pressure built up?

That's sweet. I have a Campbell Hausfeld I picked up about 20 years ago. Little 5 or 10 gallon thing with wheels. I hate using it since it is so darn loud. I don't have a good spot for a big compressor but I was thinking a small slab on the side of the house along with something to protect it from the not-too-bad phoenix environment. How long does it take something like that to have some pressure built up?
From 0 psi I'd think it takes a while but I don't know yet as I still need to plumb and wire it up (tomorrow's project). I'll let you when I fire it up. Chuck

Love that compressor, and I love the specs.

I picked up eirly spring from Harbor freight 30gal twin cyl Oil compressor, thats what I used to do all of the body work on my car (stripping it down to bare metal) and also sand the bottom of my boat, it was worth the $300 I spent so far.

If I were elected President, I would gut virtually all cabinet departments. However, I would make it the law of the land that every single home in America must have two things:

1. An air compressor at least as big as yours.

2. Either an hydraulic lift or oil change pit- Choice is yours.

Oh...and make that 3 things:

3. Every cooler sold in the country must have a bottle opener on it.
You have my vote

Very cool Chuck, nothing like a new tool.

Wolverine, you have my vote as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the same thing for Christmas. Mine doesn't have the horsepower of yours but is is a Craftsman 27 gal portable,1.9hp single stage oil. I plan on firing it up next weekend to break it in.

From 0 psi I'd think it takes a while but I don't know yet as I still need to plumb and wire it up (tomorrow's project). I'll let you when I fire it up. Chuck
Not sure if you have existing piping or not but make sure your drops come off the top of your header. If not your drops will become natural drip legs for moisture.

my-piping-layout.gif

Not sure if you have existing piping or not but make sure your drops come off the top of your header. If not your drops will become natural drip legs for moisture.
Thanks for the tip and diagram, it makes a lot of sense. My plumbing is not as good I'm afraid. Just compressor to a 50 ft. coil of hose, to reg/water trap, to 50 ft hose reel. Chuck

Will, 0 to 175 PSI takes 6 minutes and 14 seconds. Chuck

Back