• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts for 1971-1972 Mach 1/Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 429 Super Cobra Jet, 4.11, Detroit Locker
Though it came late in my restoration, I bought a 71 Mach 1 parts car (minus motor/tranny) and have many extra parts--especially interior stuff--I don't need and don't wish to store. Let me know if you need anything; otherwise it's all going on e-bay to move it out of my storage. Tim; [email protected]

Sometimes a car is just to far gone to salvage. The best thing to do is salvage what you can and move on. I completely understand. There is an snippet in the new Mustang Monthly about a 66 Vert that was at auction for $300. It was so bad that it didn't even get one bid! There does come a time to put an old car to rest.

Sometimes a car is just to far gone to salvage. The best thing to do is salvage what you can and move on. I completely understand. There is an snippet in the new Mustang Monthly about a 66 Vert that was at auction for $300. It was so bad that it didn't even get one bid! There does come a time to put an old car to rest.
I understand exactly what you're sayin' Barry. As well as Tim's (ponypastor's) predicament. Yet, if you need to replace just the front end clip for your ride, it'll be hard to find a reproduction or another substitute for something that's been sent to crusher.

Just lamenting old age, and being sent to the glue factory, I guess..... :(

Doc

I have a discussion/debate like this with friends all the time. Many of them look at my 72 project and see it only as it is. I look at it and see it only as it will be.

That's not to say I don't often feel the weight of the work ahead, but for me it's the focus that makes the difference. I think that's what makes this group stand out. We don't tend to look at these cars and see rust, metal work, welding, dirt and such. We look at these cars and see shiny paint and gleaming chrome, and hear that throaty growl. I think you've gotta have a bit of a savior complex to want to do this.

That said, I did send our 73 donor to the parts bin in the sky last year, but only after stripping nearly everything that could be of use (and even a few things that couldn't). I actually felt guilty as I watched the crane arm pierce her rotted roof and flip her onto the pile. I thanked her for her contribution, paused for my moment of silence, and pulled away. Always sad to see them go.

View attachment 977View attachment 978View attachment 979View attachment 980View attachment 981

Post some pics. Might be intrested in another project.

Jim
Here are some pics taken today of the 1971 Mach 1 Parts Car. There are more parts than what you can see (not seen: door hinges, top of back seat, trim pieces, headlight buckets, front polyurethane bumper--needs repair; rear bumper--some chrome has come off; front valence, quarter trim panels off of a 1971 Coupe, etc., etc.); the space was just not large enough to accomodate everything. You can thank my youngest son (home from college) for moving everything out for the pic and then moving everything back! Everything is OEM. I am aware of the $ prices for these items from e-bay. Some parts (speedo cluster with tachometer, quarter trim panels, A pillar interior trim pieces), are off the charts. Make me an reasonable offer for a group of parts and you can help me move this out of my precious storage space.

Tim, Florida

whats the condition on the dashpad? and will you ship to newyork?

Though it came late in my restoration, I bought a 71 Mach 1 parts car (minus motor/tranny) and have many extra parts--especially interior stuff--I don't need and don't wish to store. Let me know if you need anything; otherwise it's all going on e-bay to move it out of my storage. Tim; [email protected]
Have moved some parts to other owners here on the forum: speedo-tach gauge cluster with harness, some interior trim, door handles, etc.; still have the quarter trim panels in excellent condition, full-length floor pans for 64-70 models, etc. see pix.

I need quarter trim panels...are those for a Mach 1? I may need more stuff; still investigating my "new" old car (71 Mach 1).

Are you in Tampa? I get down there at least once a month with work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need quarter trim panels...are those for a Mach 1? I may need more stuff; still investigating my "new" old car (71 Mach 1).

Are you in Tampa? I get down there at least once a month with work.
Thanks for your interest in the parts. Per your question, yes, the 2 quarter trim panels are OEM and from a 1971 Mach 1, in black. Need further sanding, but no cracks or chips; fir perfectly into the fastback/Mach 1 model.

I am 30 minutes from Tampa airport, across the Howard Frankland Bridge; 35 minutes from downtown Tampa. Tim

Enough to make one go insane!

These pictures are of a crushing yard where my family and I do missionary work here in Mexico. These cars were confiscated by the Federal Police back in the sixties and seventies. I attempted to get permission to salvage some parts and got myself in deeper than is advisable. I first saw this Mach 1 before it was moved to this location and was told that there was no entry into the yard. You name the muscle car - I saw it go through this yard. I almost got my hands on some parts off this Mach 1 but a mysterious fire ravaged the yard followed by a very hostile visit from the owner.

Magdalena Q-code 3.jpg

Magdalena Q-code 2.jpg

Magdalena Q-code 1.jpg

Magdalena Q-code 4.jpg

Magdalena Q-code 5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back