1971 hardtop from Long Island NY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71 'stang

Reaction score
My Car
A 1971 Mustang Coupe was my first car,
Now rebuilding a '72 Qcode Mach 1.
351/4speed
Hello everyone. My car is a 1971 hardtop. I am currently running a '69 302 with a solid comp cam, forged bottom end .040 over, 351W heads ported and polished, victor jr intake, with a proform 650, and an msd ignition system. I'm using a C4 transmission with a 3500rpm stall converter, hardened pumps, all those fancy bands and clutches, and a reverse manual valve body. The body is currently undergoing an at home restoration, I work at a resto-shop, so I have some sort of a clue as to what I'm doing.. I think!. Im hoping to have the body in primer awaiting paint in about 2 months, it is my daily car so I cant just tear it apart and have it sitting, so it'll take a bit longer than most project cars.

This was my first car, I bought it when I was 15, got it on the road, then the motor died, so I built a new one. Then it got rear ended, so i fixed that. The car is driven threw all weather, rain, blizzards, the heat, everything, I recently drove it to Worcester Mass and back with no problems. I built it to be driven and that's what it gets. Im still a youngin', (20 years old), but Im all muscle at heart, no imports or anything new for me.

I look forward to this checking out all of your cars and pictures, and I hope I'll be able to learn a lot from you guys... see you around!

p.s. im looking for ANYTHING fiberglass for the car, in ANY condition.. Mainly the hood and fenders, but I can use anything you may have layin around the backyard/shed that's all beatup and broken. PM me if you've got something, thanks

file a 022.jpg

VERY nice!

Welcome to the site!

What rear do you have in that BAD boy? With that stall, I would imagine it is a "digger", huh?

Look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

BT

Hey, glad to see you joined :D

Awesome Coupe! Glad you joined! :cool: Welcome to the forums!

thanks for the kind comments guys. the car has been threw a bunch of "stages" including various paint, body, motor, and "appearance" modifications. It currently no longer has a the tunnel ram on it, or the Plexiglas-glass hood scoop, but its majorly the same otherwise. Here's a few shots of it in different stages...

original front 3-4.jpg

bay park pass 3-4.jpg

bay park rear pass 3-4.jpg

flat black atpark.jpg

000_0029.jpg

bay park motor2.jpg

motor 2.jpg

file a 003a (8).jpg

file a 001.jpg

Hey I just missed you at the Hicksville auto feast last month, I was 2 rows away when I saw you take off. I have a yellow 72 fastback.

Must of been another 71, I was at a different show during the hicksville show, I think it may of had been flowerfeild fairground in st. james. I drive the car everywhere though, so be on the lookout! Almost every friday night im at bellmre/massapequa/ and by the 135 on sunrise for the big car nights, and then wednesday night im always at nathans in oceanside... some on down!

Awe well there is another guy running around with a black coupe with a blower :)

Looks like the police hate the cruise night in bell more this year, some new commisonar down there appearently hates cars, plus it's been getting too popular again. It gets shutdown every few years until the people forget about it, then it slowly starts up again.

A lot of the shows on the south side are just to far for me 45 to an hour depending on traffic one way. I've gone to oyster bay, Huntington a few times. Last year I tried to go to a lot more but I didn't enjoy the crowds too much, parking was a hassle to. I discovered it's better to drive around on show nights rather then sit being eating by mosquitos paying 5$ getting dinner from a choke and puke truck, then walk around bored since it's the same cars over and over, then leave and the entire night is gone.

I try to go to my club meeting once a month in massaqeua other then that I sorta gave up on shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back