Forum Shooter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, since I retired I have a couple hobbies that I resumed from before my Navy career. Luckily I found a woman who enjoys shooting as well and that helps.

Plus not only do I buy AR's & Ak's but I like to Build and modify them till I get them just the way I like em. Makes different from everyone else.

Nice collection! I think that qualifies for the shooters badge!

I really get a kick out shooting Mosin's, they make such a loud bang and put out a nice cloud, It gets everyone's attention. And as for the AR's yea they are tons of fun. AK are fun also. I am lucky enough to have a friend with 5.5+ acres of land they are currently not using out in the country side. They have a trailer on the property and have setup a couple shooting ranges and we can shoot pretty much anything we want as long as we clean up when done.

I practice shooting everything from 22's, 17hmr, all the way up to .308 and shotguns.

I no longer go hunting so for me its sporting pleasure, keeping in practice and for self defense at home. I also do conceal carry - but not 100% o

of the time.

Actually I think I have the most fun when I take someone that has never shot, or a child to the Range and let them shoot for the first time. Safety first I usually go over all the gun/range safety rules on the drive to the range. I have never been disappointed

I really get a kick out shooting Mosin's, they make such a loud bang and put out a nice cloud, It gets everyone's attention. And as for the AR's yea they are tons of fun. AK are fun also. I am lucky enough to have a friend with 5.5+ acres of land they are currently not using out in the country side. They have a trailer on the property and have setup a couple shooting ranges and we can shoot pretty much anything we want as long as we clean up when done.

I practice shooting everything from 22's, 17hmr, all the way up to .308 and shotguns.

I no longer go hunting so for me its sporting pleasure, keeping in practice and for self defense at home. I also do conceal carry - but not 100% o

of the time.

Actually I think I have the most fun when I take someone that has never shot, or a child to the Range and let them shoot for the first time. Safety first I usually go over all the gun/range safety rules on the drive to the range. I have never been disappointed
I have 5 1/2 acres backed up by 100's of acres of woods so I can go plinking in my back yard. I just into guns about a year ago. Started witha Ruger GP100 and have since added a Remington 870 12ga and a S&W M&P 15x and am looking now for a 9mm for the wife! Im just into fun and home protection!

Nice arsenal of weapons. :D

Speaking of kids & the range. I took my upper middle 3 kids yesterday for a few hours. We had a blast & my 9 year old daughter has proclaimed that she likes pistol shooting the best. She fired a Nano 9mil and smiled. How cool is that?

I was pretty stoked about using my P30 in .40 to pick off a couple of clay shotgun targets at 100 yards. Then my 13 year old son also did it with the same pistol and deflated my ego. :dodgy:

Nice arsenal of weapons. :D

Speaking of kids & the range. I took my upper middle 3 kids yesterday for a few hours. We had a blast & my 9 year old daughter has proclaimed that she likes pistol shooting the best. She fired a Nano 9mil and smiled. How cool is that?

I was pretty stoked about using my P30 in .40 to pick off a couple of clay shotgun targets at 100 yards. Then my 13 year old son also did it with the same pistol and deflated my ego. :dodgy:
Dont let it deflate your Ego think of it as "The Apple didnt fall far from the tree" "Like Father Like Son" Its something to be proud of!!! :D

of the time.

Yeah I was expecting more recoil compared to the SKS but it was about the same. But its really cool its like a tank firing off with the plumes of dust and dirt it just thrust forwards. Really nice docile weapon.

of the time.

Nice collection capt jack...You need to come out and be part of our shooting video's;) We love guest shooters!!

Here is some of the firepower i got..And me shooting my m1 garand...Little old and new..I like them all..We shoot anything from bb guns up too 58 cal...Even a bit of 5 inch mortar.

Wow, what a great bunch of shooters we have in this community. Hyena, as soon as the weather breaks (spring) I might have to take you up on a shoot. And also a very nice collection yourself there.

Matrix the only thing that I shoot that puts a hurting on me is the short barrel 12guage with 00 buckshot. 5 or 6 or those quickly will give you a bit of a sore shoulder.. LOL, but in a good way.

Sometimes I slip 00 buck shells in the tube for some of my shooting buddies after we've been shooting target loads. funny to see and hear what they say when they are finished. usually something like wow what was that ?

Good days at the range.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Garand. Sweet, sweet shooting rifle.
I've got a M1 carbine that is a blast to shoot...probably my favorite rifle to take to the range. Almost no recoil and bam, bam, bam as fast as I can pull the trigger. :D

Don,

Love the M1's. Someday I want to do an M1 SAGE EBR. All my Army buddies swear by their M1's. I have shot a few and they are very nice. I do not yet own one, but its on the list for sure.

I love my Garand. Sweet, sweet shooting rifle.
I've got a M1 carbine that is a blast to shoot...probably my favorite rifle to take to the range. Almost no recoil and bam, bam, bam as fast as I can pull the trigger. :D
Relatively cheap to shoot, too. The M1 carbine is fun!

Don,

Love the M1's. Someday I want to do an M1 SAGE EBR. All my Army buddies swear by their M1's. I have shot a few and they are very nice. I do not yet own one, but its on the list for sure.
You can still get M1 Garands and M1 carbines from the CMP, but you better hurry because there are people in the federal gov't that want to end the program.

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/m1garand.htm

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/carbine.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back