first time on here in a couple years

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73mustangkid

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback
302/AOD
9 inch rear
SSBC discs at all four corners
hello i am 17 years old and own a 73 mach one. i registered with this website a few years ago, but never did anything else. now that my car is built i would like to show it off and also see all these other great mustangs and get tips to make mine better. here is alittle about my car....

-302(cam, intake, headers, Holley carb, flowmaster exhaust)

-Monster Transmissions AOD

-ford nine inch with posi

-SSBC disc brakes all the way around

-17 inch american racing torque thrusts

-Kicker sound system and ice cold air

me and my dad built my car from the ground up and then took it on the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour all the way to detroit.

Good for you and your Dad and welcome back. Don't be a stranger. Chuck

Welcome. Post a larger pic of your car. It looks good in the avatar pic but hard to see. Sounds like it's a really cool one.

251381_1605938808046_6430226_n.jpg

253701_1599697772024_7999079_n.jpg

253494_1599696892002_6359036_n.jpg

here are a few more pics of my ride

when i was 15 me and my dad went searching for a nice, clean mustang fastback. we found this one locally on craigslist in pretty good condition for an original car. the paint was nice and this car is completely rust free. we immediately pulled the engine and transmission for a rebuild and to detail the engine bay. the whole underside of the car was stripped of the original undercoating and was redone along with new suspension. after we did all that, then went in the freshly rebuilt 302 wearing a fresh coat of ford blue, Flowtech headers, a Holley 4 barrel, Edelbrock intake, and a Flowmaster exhaust. when we finished all the mechanicals then it was time for interior. after we took out all the old interior we put down a layer of dynomat insulation then installed the brand new interior from national parts depot and a kicker stereo. keep in mind me and my dad did EVERYTHING on my car. no one has ever worked on it (other than me and my dad) except for Monster Transmission, who did a C4 to AOD conversion back in summer of 2012. my car has been featured in Modified Mustangs and Fords and we drive her all over Florida.

Looks great!!!

Tell me about that Monster AOD. I get down to Tampa occasionally and am thinking it may be a good option on my boy's cars since they will be their daily drivers. What kind of mpgs are you getting with your setup? I'm luck to get 12 or 13 with mine. Lol

Looks great!!!

Tell me about that Monster AOD. I get down to Tampa occasionally and am thinking it may be a good option on my boy's cars since they will be their daily drivers. What kind of mpgs are you getting with your setup? I'm luck to get 12 or 13 with mine. Lol
i just went to the Daytona Turkey Rod Run and i an getting around 20-22 MPG's highway. keep in mind i only have a vacuum secondary Holley 600. i love the AOD. it made my car a much better driver.

Where in FL are you? I'm all over the state at times. No scheduled trips in the immediate but there will always be more with work.

22mpg is pretty darn good for a carb'd big body.

::welcome:: From San Diego. I red about your AOD swap In this months Modified Mustangs and Fords. The only thing MMf never said what axle ratio your running to get 1750 rpm at 75 mph. I have a 71 Mach 1 with a 351C FMX 3.50 gears. I picked up a AOD out of a 94 Mustang. I'm Thinking of going with 3.73 or 3.89s once I install the AOD. I'm thinking 2000-2300 at 70 mph would be ideal.

Welcome back and nice car.

sweet ride man! glad to have you here, I'm 17 years old as well and love my 73 mach 1!

::welcome:: From San Diego. I red about your AOD swap In this months Modified Mustangs and Fords. The only thing MMf never said what axle ratio your running to get 1750 rpm at 75 mph. I have a 71 Mach 1 with a 351C FMX 3.50 gears. I picked up a AOD out of a 94 Mustang. I'm Thinking of going with 3.73 or 3.89s once I install the AOD. I'm thinking 2000-2300 at 70 mph would be ideal.

Welcome back and nice car.
actually, when they did the article, i had not road tested my car yet, so the numbers were fudged alittle. i have 3.25 rear gears at the moment and at 70 i turn 1700. i am getting ready to put in a set of 3.55's and that should put me somewhere in the 1850-1900 RPM range. i would guess and say that your idea of 3.73's or 3.89's would give you the RPM's you are looking for.

Where in FL are you? I'm all over the state at times. No scheduled trips in the immediate but there will always be more with work.

22mpg is pretty darn good for a carb'd big body.
i am located in Tarpon Springs. just north of Clearwater. and i couldnt believe the mileage either. had to check twice. keep in mind that's a highway reading cruising constantly at 1700 RPM's. it is still pretty good around town if i can keep my foot out of it. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. You have a very cool fastback and taking it on the Power Tour makes it that much cooler.

Great father-son tag team; creative approach to make a Mustang a daily driver; welcome from south Pinellas County to a north Pinellas County guy. We're neighbors! Welcome back to the best 71-73 website ever.

Yup, that is the car! I really like the chrome front bumper!

Final RPM will depend on tire size as well, with mine 5th gear puts me at about 1800 rpm with 2.75 gears and a 27" tall tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back