first time on here in a couple years

73mustangkid

hello i am 17 years old and own a 73 mach one. i registered with this website a few years ago, but never did anything else. now that my car is built i would like to show it off and also see all these other great mustangs and get tips to make mine better. here is alittle about my car....

-302(cam, intake, headers, Holley carb, flowmaster exhaust)

-Monster Transmissions AOD

-ford nine inch with posi

-SSBC disc brakes all the way around

-17 inch american racing torque thrusts

-Kicker sound system and ice cold air

me and my dad built my car from the ground up and then took it on the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour all the way to detroit.

Welcome back! would love to see any pictures you might have from the Power Tour.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Welcome from west Michigan.

I think we met in Muskegon on the 11 Power Tour. That is one nice Mustang.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome back! Looks like you did a great job on the rebuild - I'd like to hear more about the process when you get the time. Glad to have you here!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

when i was 15 me and my dad went searching for a nice, clean mustang fastback. we found this one locally on craigslist in pretty good condition for an original car. the paint was nice and this car is completely rust free. we immediately pulled the engine and transmission for a rebuild and to detail the engine bay. the whole underside of the car was stripped of the original undercoating and was redone along with new suspension. after we did all that, then went in the freshly rebuilt 302 wearing a fresh coat of ford blue, Flowtech headers, a Holley 4 barrel, Edelbrock intake, and a Flowmaster exhaust. when we finished all the mechanicals then it was time for interior. after we took out all the old interior we put down a layer of dynomat insulation then installed the brand new interior from national parts depot and a kicker stereo. keep in mind me and my dad did EVERYTHING on my car. no one has ever worked on it (other than me and my dad) except for Monster Transmission, who did a C4 to AOD conversion back in summer of 2012. my car has been featured in Modified Mustangs and Fords and we drive her all over Florida.

Looks great!!!

Tell me about that Monster AOD. I get down to Tampa occasionally and am thinking it may be a good option on my boy's cars since they will be their daily drivers. What kind of mpgs are you getting with your setup? I'm luck to get 12 or 13 with mine. Lol

spacer.png

Looks great!!!

Tell me about that Monster AOD. I get down to Tampa occasionally and am thinking it may be a good option on my boy's cars since they will be their daily drivers. What kind of mpgs are you getting with your setup? I'm luck to get 12 or 13 with mine. Lol

i just went to the Daytona Turkey Rod Run and i an getting around 20-22 MPG's highway. keep in mind i only have a vacuum secondary Holley 600. i love the AOD. it made my car a much better driver.

::welcome:: From San Diego. I red about your AOD swap In this months Modified Mustangs and Fords. The only thing MMf never said what axle ratio your running to get 1750 rpm at 75 mph. I have a 71 Mach 1 with a 351C FMX 3.50 gears. I picked up a AOD out of a 94 Mustang. I'm Thinking of going with 3.73 or 3.89s once I install the AOD. I'm thinking 2000-2300 at 70 mph would be ideal.

Welcome back and nice car.

- Mike

::welcome:: From San Diego. I red about your AOD swap In this months Modified Mustangs and Fords. The only thing MMf never said what axle ratio your running to get 1750 rpm at 75 mph. I have a 71 Mach 1 with a 351C FMX 3.50 gears. I picked up a AOD out of a 94 Mustang. I'm Thinking of going with 3.73 or 3.89s once I install the AOD. I'm thinking 2000-2300 at 70 mph would be ideal.

Welcome back and nice car.

actually, when they did the article, i had not road tested my car yet, so the numbers were fudged alittle. i have 3.25 rear gears at the moment and at 70 i turn 1700. i am getting ready to put in a set of 3.55's and that should put me somewhere in the 1850-1900 RPM range. i would guess and say that your idea of 3.73's or 3.89's would give you the RPM's you are looking for.

Where in FL are you? I'm all over the state at times. No scheduled trips in the immediate but there will always be more with work.

22mpg is pretty darn good for a carb'd big body.

i am located in Tarpon Springs. just north of Clearwater. and i couldnt believe the mileage either. had to check twice. keep in mind that's a highway reading cruising constantly at 1700 RPM's. it is still pretty good around town if i can keep my foot out of it. haha

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. You have a very cool fastback and taking it on the Power Tour makes it that much cooler.

Jayson

504x177https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg[/img]

73 Mach 1 Mustang

89 Dodge Shadow ES

94 Jeep Wrangler

Great father-son tag team; creative approach to make a Mustang a daily driver; welcome from south Pinellas County to a north Pinellas County guy. We're neighbors! Welcome back to the best 71-73 website ever.

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Yup, that is the car! I really like the chrome front bumper!

Final RPM will depend on tire size as well, with mine 5th gear puts me at about 1800 rpm with 2.75 gears and a 27" tall tire.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome back to the site. Looks like you and your dad had a great time working on your car together. Keep the pics and updates coming.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome back to the site. Great Father son project. About 28 years ago my car was a father son project as well. A bit more reserved than yours and just fixed up to the point where it was a good driver. Great to hear the two of you did it together. Mine is now going into the 3rd generation of my 12 year old son and I completing a concourse restoration for Charlotte 2014. Stay on the site this time and share your stories.

1984 when I bought it at 15

1925548633_84picture2.jpg.8fe2148500e249cfffcf617bcfd24d18.jpg

2012 body work done

825400093_P2270328(2).jpg.62e2127953d8eabc4239845332e59dd2.jpg

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Job well done.

me and my dad built my car from the ground up and then took it on the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour all the way to detroit.

Surprised you got it out of Detroit in one piece.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me

• 2 weeks later...

hello i am 17 years old and own a 73 mach one. i registered with this website a few years ago, but never did anything else. now that my car is built i would like to show it off and also see all these other great mustangs and get tips to make mine better. here is alittle about my car....

-302(cam, intake, headers, Holley carb, flowmaster exhaust)

-Monster Transmissions AOD

-ford nine inch with posi

-SSBC disc brakes all the way around

-17 inch american racing torque thrusts

-Kicker sound system and ice cold air

You have quite a set up. Is it all stock(restored) or resto-mod to this point? See my 72 convertible profile, up to 14 pages since 11/15/12, ellicits a lot w/modifications from on stick roll control, beefed up QA1 front coil over shocks set at max level stiffness(18), rear anti sway bars, rear air shocks, front power disc brakes and EFI unit from Summit Racing, inner locking gas cap, magnum 500's wheels, 7" on front, 8" available on rear, as well now Year One has magnum 500's for 71-73's @ 18".......seems the more you put into it, for your preference like ie 6-way power driver seat...the more you want to modify it, in comfort, performance.....handling....Also w/tours, got one clip/map of the Panamericana tour, a 49 day race from Alaska to Southern end of S. America, though either two years ago or last year was a $6,000 ticket to enter. Mike

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png