New 71 Fastback here from Memphis T.N

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtrutland

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang fastback 302/c4
Hey guys, what's up.

I just bought my first project car.

I'm a 21 year old military guy and I'm ready to get my hands dirty fixing my new dream car.

This thing is going to need some work.

As far as I can tell, it needs new everything. The night I bought it, I drove it home 100miles and as soon as I hit my driveway, a freeze plug popped out. Been having trouble with it ever since.

It's time for a rebuild and a restoration.

5krgg0.jpg

11lu3dl.jpg

Motivation:

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome neighbor. I have spoken with the guy who had your car before you purchased it. I am out on the east side of Memphis. Let me know if you need any local help with things. With several of the mustang contacts I have around town I can get some information or possibly parts if needed. Our other local guy Cobra3073 is a wealth of knowledge and a super nice guy as well. Again, welcome to the forum. It is a great bunch of folks who keep it family friendly and have a wealth of knowledge and expereince.

Welcome from Chesapeake, VA looks like a fun ride!

Welcome from warm sunny OHIO

Don

Thanks for the welcomes guy. My current plans with this car are to keep it in its' current look. I just want it to be cleaner.

I've got to weld a new trunk floor in and a passenger floor.

I want to strip the interior, build an alluminum dashboard, put a rollcage in her, and racing seats.

The car has air shocks in the rear and sits very staggered. I loved the look of the car. Pure testosterone.

Current plans are to take the 302 out, bore .30 over and rebuild. I'm also looking at putting a different transmission in her.

Looking for a manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg / Europe. I really like the look of your car. It´s got that "don´t mess with me" kinda attitude. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back