details of the Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72CJ4speed

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach 1"Q" code 4 speed
white /black int.
WOW ..thanks to all for the warm welcome to the site..'the low down on my new to me '72 mach 1..built December '71..sold off the lot June 6 '72 to a gentlman in Hanover Ontario..white with black int..351 CJ "Q" code car,4speed 350:1,rear spoiler,am radio sport deck rear seat ,ps,pdb ,console,instrumentation group,tape stripe,F70-14 tires...sold new in Toronto Ontario @ Park Manor ford sales .according to Marti.. I do have some orig. warranty info/cards etc.. with the orig. owners manual..the car has been done on a rotisserie..still needs a little tweaking and fine tuning and detailing here and there looking forward to putting some miles on it this year ..haven't had a muscle ford since the '80s when I belonged to the Performance Ford Club..southern Ontario chapter..posted a pic in the '72 gallery ..thanks ..Jeff

one other thing I forgot to mention... it has a rear sway bar and staggered rear shocks..marti report says ..it was dealer "stock" not retail but the Marti report does not indicate competiton suspension anywhere (so much confusion and conflicting info in this area) and NO pop open gas cap ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I had a look a look to your car, very very nice, Mach 1 with 4 speed, white, it's all what I like. I know it's impossible to find that in France, the only way to get one like that is to import from US.

If you can post some more pics...:)

::welcome::Welcome from Maine-nice looking stang!

Hello,

I had a look a look to your car, very very nice, Mach 1 with 4 speed, white, it's all what I like. I know it's impossible to find that in France, the only way to get one like that is to import from US.

If you can post some more pics...:)
thank you ..I will post a few more pics when we get some nicer weather .. I have 4 inches of snow in my driveway at the moment :(

What a cool car to have.
thanks very much I missed being in a mustang for a long time ..

::welcome::Welcome from Maine-nice looking stang!
thanks very much

::welcome:: All Q codes came with competition suspension. Pop open cap was 71 Mach only. Chuck

..marti report says ..it was dealer "stock" not retail
Welcome from coastal Alabama!

"Stock" on the marti report means that it was ordered & spec'd out by the dealer as one of the cars for his lot that anyone could purchase. It's what the dealer ordered in an effort to put cars on his lot that have the features, colors, and options that he thought a buyer would want in a car. Most cars are stock ordered.

A "retail" car is one that a specific customer ordered at a dealership because the dealer didn't have one on the lot that met that particular customer's wants. Retail ordered cars were a priority build at Ford because those cars were already sold to the customer and is money in the bank once the customer took delivery when the car arrives at the dealership. Stock ordered cars could sit for months until a customer wanderes onto the lot and says i'll take that one.

Side note... Some dealers spec'd out several cars all optioned the same way and marketed them as a special package/model that could only be purchased at that dealership. Ford agreed to make special options and/or colors on these cars for that dealership. Cool huh.

::welcome:: All Q codes came with competition suspension. Pop open cap was 71 Mach only. Chuck
thank you for the clarification ..lots of conflicting info out there ..Jeff

..marti report says ..it was dealer "stock" not retail
Welcome from coastal Alabama!

"Stock" on the marti report means that it was ordered & spec'd out by the dealer as one of the cars for his lot that anyone could purchase. It's what the dealer ordered in an effort to put cars on his lot that have the features, colors, and options that he thought a buyer would want in a car. Most cars are stock ordered.

A "retail" car is one that a specific customer ordered at a dealership because the dealer didn't have one on the lot that met that particular customer's wants. Retail ordered cars were a priority build at Ford because those cars were already sold to the customer and is money in the bank once the customer took delivery when the car arrives at the dealership. Stock ordered cars could sit for months until a customer wanderes onto the lot and says i'll take that one.

Side note... Some dealers spec'd out several cars all optioned the same way and marketed them as a special package/model that could only be purchased at that dealership. Ford agreed to make special options and/or colors on these cars for that dealership. Cool huh.
so much went on back then ..we probably still don't know about..my car did sit on the lot ..built in dec '71.. wasn't sold until june '72

WOW ..thanks to all for the warm welcome to the site..'the low down on my new to me '72 mach 1..built December '71..sold off the lot June 6 '72 to a gentlman in Hanover Ontario..white with black int..351 CJ "Q" code car,4speed 350:1,rear spoiler,am radio sport deck rear seat ,ps,pdb ,console,instrumentation group,tape stripe,F70-14 tires...sold new in Toronto Ontario @ Park Manor ford sales .according to Marti.. I do have some orig. warranty info/cards etc.. with the orig. owners manual..the car has been done on a rotisserie..still needs a little tweaking and fine tuning and detailing here and there looking forward to putting some miles on it this year ..haven't had a muscle ford since the '80s when I belonged to the Performance Ford Club..southern Ontario chapter..posted a pic in the '72 gallery ..thanks ..Jeff

one other thing I forgot to mention... it has a rear sway bar and staggered rear shocks..marti report says ..it was dealer "stock" not retail but the Marti report does not indicate competiton suspension anywhere (so much confusion and conflicting info in this area) and NO pop open gas cap ???
::welcome: Utilizing a rotisserie sure beats working on it while still sitting on floor of a garage! My delay was a matter of putting the buggy before the horse as otiginally I only wanted a new top but after being installed, changed my mind and stripped the body, inside out. W/rebuilding inner wheel wells when realized as with every entire inch of body that was basically covered over with that black tar/cement, tough to work with wheel wells w/welding torch w/out melting the "new top". Of course, basically biggest mistake being that it was virtually given away and my misconception, well worth it as I could "virtually" modify it anyway I want, but a lot of parts were "virtually" almost extinct to locate. 2003, by 2011, in November Hemmings Motor News had front page article on 71-73 models I feel wrote overly optimistic on reviving them. See my profile, you will understand what I mean. Mike

::welcome: Utilizing a rotisserie sure beats working on it while still sitting on floor of a garage! My delay was a matter of putting the buggy before the horse as at time only priority was(insert correction) I only wanted a new top but after being installed, changed my mind and stripped the body, inside out. W/rebuilding inner wheel wells when realized as with every entire inch of body that was basically covered over with that black tar/cement, tough to work with wheel wells w/welding torch w/out melting the "new top". Of course, basically biggest mistake being that it was virtually given away and my misconception, well worth it as I could "virtually" modify it anyway I want, but a lot of parts were "virtually" almost extinct to locate. 2003, by 2011, in November Hemmings Motor News had front page article on 71-73 models I feel wrote overly optimistic on reviving them. See my profile, you will understand what I mean. MikePS tried to clip a pic to this, will try again. One thing, I am not that computer savvy and just got msg, "error 503/varnished server, whatever that means", but here goes again....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back