Ever seen one of these?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code fastback
This is the speedometer in my 73 fastback. Not something you see every day (unless you're one of our Canadian friends, I suppose)! My Mustang came with the typical 120 MPH speedometer with the metric equivilent on the inside diameter of the guage. I got this one off Ebay a few years ago, it is a 200KPH speedometer with no corresponding MPH readings, and it does not say KPH anywhere on it. My plan is to have it recalibrated to read MPH using the KPH markings, just to have something a little different, and to have a speedometer that isn't useless when you decide to top end it. It's subtle, but I think it's pretty cool, while still looking completely factory.

P7310122.JPG

I know this is an old thread... did you ever get this calibrated and working correctly?

I'm looking for a speedo that is in KPH I have a working MPH that I'd be more than willing to trade.

Canadian cars didn't convert over to the metric system until 77 if I remember correctly as I remember my dad put metric stickers on the speedo of his 73 Pontiac

Yup, sure have.

Mine got that too, as it was an export model for Europe. Here's mine illuminated by the new LEDs.

DSC_0055.JPG

That is a great look, Mike! I've got to add LEDs to my wish list!

Doc
Hi Doc,

I can only recommend them. It really makes a big difference.

But you may wanna go for the extra bright ones. I got the standard ones (they already are much brighter than the stock bulbs) and I still have to turn them all the way up.

They are bright enough, though I'd like to have some "extra volume" left if need be.

Oh, by the way, these are the white LEDs with the stock internal gauge filter lenses. With the pure white LED light instead of the yellow tint emitted by the old light bulbs, the light is actually that blue.

I'm looking for a speedo that is in KPH I have a working MPH that I'd be more than willing to trade.

Canadian cars didn't convert over to the metric system until 77 if I remember correctly as I remember my dad put metric stickers on the speedo of his 73 Pontiac
Check out this site they say they can recalibrate yours to KPH and redo the face also

http://rt-eng.com/mediawiki/index.php/RTE_Gauge_Faq

Back