Ex Corvette owner looking for new Ride

72 LT1

Welcome from Washington State! Got to agree with others, our 71-73's are among the most comfortable and best handling early muscle cars...but they do have a lot of blind spots, causing a challenge to drive in heavy traffic.

Really I just use those little warning arrows on the dash and go. They put brakes on the other cars for a reason:P

Or just put the convertible top down!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from Washington State! Got to agree with others, our 71-73's are among the most comfortable and best handling early muscle cars...but they do have a lot of blind spots, causing a challenge to drive in heavy traffic.

Really I just use those little warning arrows on the dash and go. They put brakes on the other cars for a reason:P

Had a lot of feelers out of cosmetics as well functional mid dash mach 1 guages, ie for volts, oil, temp as well xtra one for bottom on left side of steering wheel to guage altimeter. "Mesazoic" 71 mustang finally matched up to closest and nicest guages that fit perfectly in dash portals as well measure in numbers for each guage. This is one of feelers, another is hydraulics for front and rear to lift and lower frame without carrying a huge pump(as with plans of xtra gas tank, do not have much room for one of those monstrosities) pic below is in raw form. as finished since, only holds a space saver 14x78 tire. xtra gas tank found in summit catalogue fits with room to spare, right below convertible top area w/out interfering w/top tucking down and inside trunk. pump will probably be fitted somewhere under the hood.

L1420099.thumb.JPG.5afc8fa70a440dab51b7af4fc74fc01c.JPG

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png