Blair #11096 3/8" Spot Weld Removal Kit

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
These fantastic little cutters have been the key to getting all the spot welds out of the trunk of my '71 Mach 1. For the beginner on a budget (or anyone on a budget), you don't need anything better or more sophisticated than these brilliant little tools.

Note - many sellers show the #11082 kit (with the fixed pilot) even when offering the #11096 kit. Be careful that you get the right one.

Since photos speak volumes, following are progress photos of my trunk floor removal, accomplished entirely with the Blair kit:

71_mustang_63.jpg

71_mustang_81.jpg

71_mustang_83.jpg

That said, it does help to use these bits with a GOOD low-RPM, high-torque drill, such as the Milwaukee Magnum Hole Shooter. I drilled half of these welds with the Magnum, but used a cheap Black & Decker with a 90-degree adapter for the areas under the package tray.

The Blair bits were not as easy to control and skipped more with the cheap, high-RPM Black & Decker drill. Do yourself a favor and use these bits with a quality drill that has a variable speed trigger.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back