Tires to buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Convertible
Getting ready to buy 4 raised white letters for my 1972 Convert. I just have the stock 14 inch rims now.

The tire dealers in Arkansas are awfully proud of their prices. I am looking at BF Goodrich Radial TA's or something similiar. I have looked at Tire Buyer and others, do you know a good online place to buy raised white's??????

Tyres have gotten way too expensive over the few years. Not sure why. I suspect it has something to do with the government getting involved. I recently found what I thought was a nice set in a junk yard for $120 although one of them wound up going bad and now I have the dreaded matched set of 3.

my BFG's came from Mustangs unlimited, @ $135 per tire, and they shipped them with a Flat rate of $30 for all 4 tires UPS ground. (this was last spring)

also try Tirerack.com I've heard they have good deals every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine from CJ Pony Parts. I bought the tires (BFG's) and rims (Magnum 500's) mounted as a set for $1,098 with free shipping. Currently the BFG's are $115.99 each. Shop around and you will find a good deal.

Even in Europe the BFG Radial T/A have gone up in price significantly the last two years. Maybe this is because every month there are less tire manufacturers who make tires for the cars of the golden era. The ones who remain raise the prices because there are less competitors. At least it is mch more difficult to get tires for american cars here.

I paid around 120 Euros for a BFG T/A 235/60R15 two years ago at a german tire dealer in Munich

Today the same dealer offers the tire for a breathtaking 192 euros! (Prices are including sales tax)

Michael

DSC01903.JPG

DSC01914.JPG

Even in Europe the BFG Radial T/A have gone up in price significantly the last two years. Maybe this is because every month there are less tire manufacturers who make tires for the cars of the golden era. The ones who remain raise the prices because there are less competitors. At least it is mch more difficult to get tires for american cars here.

I paid around 120 Euros for a BFG T/A 235/60R15 two years ago at a german tire dealer in Munich

Today the same dealer offers the tire for a breathtaking 192 euros! (Prices are including sales tax)

Michael

Thank you for the info, those look awesome on your car.

I bought mine at summit also.I wanted bf goodrich but at the time everyone was out of 295-50-15s and thought they quit making them,so I bought mickey thompsons.Tires are just expensive,shop around and get what you want.
Do you have a full car shot with the car down? On my tire thread some of you put up some tire sizes and shots ... I dont remember if yours was one of the samples. a LOT of good responses from our folks here. I like that big fat tire look due to our cars will take that tire set up.

BTW having spent a LOT of time on this ....Tire Rack is my cholce and I agree with the above Summit too. I just found Tire Rack pricing better and they will ship to a tire store of your choice for mounting.

I bought mine at summit also.I wanted bf goodrich but at the time everyone was out of 295-50-15s and thought they quit making them,so I bought mickey thompsons.Tires are just expensive,shop around and get what you want.
Do you have a full car shot with the car down? On my tire thread some of you put up some tire sizes and shots ... I dont remember if yours was one of the samples. a LOT of good responses from our folks here. I like that big fat tire look due to our cars will take that tire set up.

BTW having spent a LOT of time on this ....Tire Rack is my cholce and I agree with the above Summit too. I just found Tire Rack pricing better and they will ship to a tire store of your choice for mounting.
I don't have any pictures with them on,but if you go to MeZapU s garage he has the same size tires on his car http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mach-1--4625.

One of the factors I have noticed recently is that 14" tires have gone way up, I think because so few cars use that rim size anymore. 15" is a better price, but even those have started to go up. Almost everything new now comes with 16" or larger. I had to find a pair of tires for my boat trailer 14", and ended up finding 2 used tires with good tread, the new ones were ridiculous!

Are those 295/50's mounted on 15x8" rims?
15x10 with 6 1/2 offset
Huh, I'm assuming that you mean backspacing, are you sure of the size/backspacing? I only see a 5" and a 5.5" bs version of the 15x10 (which is either -12mm/.5" or 0 offset).

do you have any pics of them mounted on the car?

thanks

Back