transmission

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 351 clevland dard red
hi, anybody know how to tell if my transmission is the original, it should have c6 cruise o matic from the factory. is there a serial number on the transmission?

hi, anybody know how to tell if my transmission is the original, it should have c6 cruise o matic from the factory. is there a serial number on the transmission?
There is a # to tell you what kind of tranny and as I have always heard when selling vehicles, the write that all numbers match. A code number from your door should tell you what kind of tranny you have but beyond this and getting a code book or like year one inc where they sell parts for your mustang in the back of catalog they ellicit these codes per each year and model that offer as possible opyions, aside that, marti report information maybe cj pony inc, musyang parts can help through there customer service. You can get phone #'s from for instance ohio mustang which advertise on this website. good luck! Hope this can help as when my mustang was repainted and side door decal with these information i did not write down and they sanded the decal down. Might be something found via your vin # as if you have size engine comes with certain tranny but if it was replaced, i would research who you bought it from but vin #'s those days are shorter and very limited to going back to original owner but tells where what auto port it was sent from to what entry dealer's address where the mfg ie detroit, dearborn, el pasa auto builder for your model should be able to better direct where it, the state, city, dealer, hopefully.

There is a # to tell you what kind of tranny and as I have always heard when selling vehicles, the write that all numbers match. A code number from your door should tell you what kind of tranny you have but beyond this and getting a code book or like year one inc where they sell parts for your mustang in the back of catalog they ellicit these codes per each year and model that offer as possible opyions, aside that, marti report information maybe cj pony inc, musyang parts can help through there customer service. You can get phone #'s from for instance ohio mustang which advertise on this website. good luck! Hope this can help as when my mustang was repainted and side door decal with these information i did not write down and they sanded the decal down. Might be something found via your vin # as if you have size engine comes with certain tranny but if it was replaced, i would research who you bought it from but vin #'s those days are shorter and very limited to going back to original owner but tells where what auto port it was sent from to what entry dealer's address where the mfg ie detroit, dearborn, el pasa auto builder for your model should be able to better direct where it, the state, city, dealer, hopefully.
You can get a new door tag at martauto dot com. It comes with Elite Report (which will also tell you what options came on your car and much more) but I'm almost sure you can order the door tag separate too.

Back