Guns & ammo

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Anyone holding back and not shooting up a lot of their ammo? Me, I'm stocking up like a prepper. Aparently others are too since the ammo shelves are empty. So are the gun cases for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought about another 1,000 rounds or more. My brothers and dad are also all stocking up. We reload alot of our own too, so we bought a bunch of reload supplies. Good investment would be go buy all the ammo you can afford and sell it in a couple years for triple your money or more. Never know with the way things are going. Probably gonna pick up another hand gun or two also.

I deal with law enforcement vendors.

They are no longer taking back orders for ammunition clips or certain types of ammunition, .223 in particular. They also are not taking orders for any AR15 or AK47 "clones".

Bottom line in all this is:

1. More kids drown in their backyard every year than are killed by guns(check the federal health and safety web site for that). Ratio is like 10 drownings for every bullet. If anyone was serious about saving kids, they would start filling in pools.

2. Here in California, our local radio DJ's said there are 10,000,000 more guns in the state today than 10 years ago, total of 30,000,000. Record low gun mortality all across the state going back to 1978. Of course, our 3 strikes law has a lot to do with that.

3. Blah blah blah....More guns=Less crime. Fact.

Can't hardly even score any .22 ammo.

My 11 year old son and I were going to join a sportsmans club with an indoor range. They have a youth rifle team that he wanted to check out. Only standard velocity round nose stuff I found was 4 bucks a box.

Shop had ONE brick in stock. He was the only shop out of 4 that I stopped in that had any.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, but consider the big picture.

Shortage of .22? Standard, no-frills .22?

Sheesh.

Can't find anything. I heard that Noveske died in a car wreck a few days ago. You guys hear that? Also the FPSRussia guy was murdered.
It was the Producer of the show that was murdered...Not the guy with the fake Russian accent...So im sure the shows will continue with some one else at the helm.

And i know its a big run on ammo right now and every time something bad happens...I know they are coming after them hard core this time...Brace your self everyone and be safe...And lets hope our laws stand up .... The media is pushing every gun crime they can find across this big country.... Push threw there agenda's...The powerfull would like nothing better than to get rid of our Constitution..Cause they still get armed protection..more guns less crime..I agree full Wovlerine

I bought about another 1,000 rounds or more. My brothers and dad are also all stocking up. We reload alot of our own too, so we bought a bunch of reload supplies. Good investment would be go buy all the ammo you can afford and sell it in a couple years for triple your money or more. Never know with the way things are going. Probably gonna pick up another hand gun or two also.
I picked up two Beretta 9 mils last week and a couple of 13 round mags for my HK. I wanted a variety of caliber in case any one particular caliber becomes hard to find...and the hardest to find is .22. Wow. Who would have guessed that one? I'd like a few thousand rounds of each caliber from .380 to 45. Not quite there yet.

I'd like to get into reloading but I hear to takes a grand to get started with the initial equipment.

i topped in off in bulk ammo before the election, and had been buying at least a box of something every week. snaged a new 1911 at budsguns $ 399

I agree full Wolverine.
First time for everything.

I'd like to get into reloading but I hear to takes a grand to get started with the initial equipment.
I could never understand why more people don't share their reloading equipment. Let's face it 99 hours(or more) out of 100, that equipment is collecting dust. You could get 10 guys, $100 a piece and move the equipment every week. And it would still sit around. And you would have top notch stuff too.

You can see this in all of the media sites, the government and the liberal agenda is to take the guns. I think the intent was to do it regardless of the recent incidents which brought it to the forefront in the MSM and Obama didn’t address it much while running the first or second time because if he had it might have made the difference in being elected not once but twice. Every shooting now which includes more than one life taken is always a news alert or the topic of discussion with the pundits.

The idea of reloading is a good one until they start going after the black powder manufacturers, the primers, the makers of the bullets or at some point the brass manufactures. They can try and stop the guns but those that are built don’t wear quickly so they will go after the consumables to try and make the guns useless. It will not happen overnight but the process to choke the second amendment didn’t either. I think nothing nor are any rights sacred anymore with this administration. They point to guns as the root cause for all the troubles however fail to address the real reasons, like mental instability or economic stresses that cause people to snap. It is just the liberal agenda to disarm the United States as any crises is an opportunity to push an agenda.

I have talked with the wife and we are going to purchase a few more if the prices have not gone through the roof.

I have top notch reloading equipment and the inital investment to start reloading for a single caliber can be as low as a few hundred bucks. My Dillon 650 with most of the goodies would cost 1300 or more to duplicate. Like any machinery there is a learning curve and resetting the machine for other calibers is a bit of a process. Moving the machine is not going to happen, so it would have to be at a location where all could share.

I shoot mostly single action revolvers, lever action rifles in pistol calibers, shotguns and my long range BP gun (Shiloh Sharps 44-77) I have a few Blackhawks for modern powders (.41 magnum and .357) and a 1911 for carry

I am not stocking up, but I do continue to pick up a case of 12 ga shells every couple of months and a few boxes of modern ammo and a few components.

A 12 ga shell cut just through the hull at the base of the wad makes an effective short range slug in an emergency, but will bulge some gun barrels. Not safe, but in a pinch, it will take down big game.

My buddy just built me an AK-74, but it doesn't really matter because I can't find 5.45x39 anywhere aside from one spamcan at the local gunshow. Guy wanted 300 bucks for it though. Almost wish I'd gone for an AK-47. Seems there is still plenty of 7.62.

I have top notch reloading equipment and the inital investment to start reloading for a single caliber can be as low as a few hundred bucks. My Dillon 650 with most of the goodies would cost 1300 or more to duplicate. Like any machinery there is a learning curve and resetting the machine for other calibers is a bit of a process. Moving the machine is not going to happen, so it would have to be at a location where all could share.
Ohh yes...And hell...most people tend to forget about the little Lee hand loader...We used one for years and years...Even loading 45/70 with it...28 dollar loader is a good investment for anyone wanting to learn how too make a bullet..With out spending a bunch of money.

My freind has one of them auto loaders...That does the primer and everything...Pull the handle down it makes a bullet...Pull it up...It makes a bullet..lol

IMG_0742[1].JPG

Just got new grips in the mail today. Not really stocking up on ammo, but i will probably grab a couple more boxes of each of my calibers next time I'm at Cabela's.

Nice! Love those grips. I'd like something similar in wood.
$25 on ebay. I was going to go with wood grain, but I saw these and had to have them.

Back