Cold in the South

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
To all my fellow Southerners, yall stay warm and safe tonight and tomorrow... of course, I guess it could all be overkill, but I noticed the Weather Channel is now calling for 100% chance of snow. The wife was at WalMart last night for several hours, and said most of the shelves were bare... (better her than me ;)) I'm sure those of you in the upper states and over in Europe find all this kind of comical.

In other news, I suppose I'll have to be a Falcons fan since my Saints lost yesterday! At least LSU didn't disappoint. And, good luck to that "other" Alabama team on Monday night...

Yes, we are getting all "the sky is falling" news from our local weather casters. There is supposed to be 2 -4 inches !! tonight:).

In fairness, we here in Memphis are not set up for even that minimal amount on a regular basis, so School will probably be canceled tomorrow if the scenario unveils per the forecast.

I told TNFASTBK that I would be sending the weather his way in a day or so. LOL

BT

I remember my years in Charlotte and when 2" of snow was predicted for the area, schools closed and everyone went to the supermarket to get toilet paper and milk. Then on the day it did snow, everyone stayed off the roads ..... that is except me. I actually made it to work faster than on a regular day.

I happened to be the only one in our neighborhood with a snow shovel and let any one barrow it who needed it. That is after a short lesson in snow shoveling.... lol.

:angel:

I remember my years in Charlotte and when 2" of snow was predicted for the area, schools closed and everyone went to the supermarket to get toilet paper and milk. Then on the day it did snow, everyone stayed off the roads ..... that is except me. I actually made it to work faster than on a regular day.

I happened to be the only one in our neighborhood with a snow shovel and let any one barrow it who needed it. That is after a short lesson in snow shoveling.... lol.
Yeah, some of the best shoveling also involved a good shot of brandy or whisky! ...at least in my past experience

I will definitely have to take a few pics after our next snow storm to make you guys feel better haha:D Until then her are pics from past sow storms in Montreal and Quebec

Now wonder someone made this snow blower and ski doo

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

images.jpeg

001.jpg

4889_1120530941.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feel bad yours will melt LONG before ours will ( I hope). It better be soon I'm looking forward to going south in a week, I WANT WARM WEATHER!!! LOL Roy it seems like you've had a harder winter than we have so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got some snow here in the DFW area today, allthough it leaves as fast as it comes, but it is cold.

Yes, we are getting all "the sky is falling" news from our local weather casters. There is supposed to be 2 -4 inches !! tonight:).

In fairness, we here in Memphis are not set up for even that minimal amount on a regular basis, so School will probably be canceled tomorrow if the scenario unveils per the forecast.

I told TNFASTBK that I would be sending the weather his way in a day or so. LOL

BT
THanks CObra, Its here along with the flu or food poisoning not sure yet. Went to the annual Cabin Fever Car show sat night. Bought a hot dog to hold me over till dinner, well barely made it home before it hit. Been in the bed until now. Feel semi-human again

Roy,

I am sorry to hear that...sounds to me like it may have been the hot dog but you can never tell initially.

Hope you feel better soon.

BT

Roy,

I am sorry to hear that...sounds to me like it may have been the hot dog but you can never tell initially.

BT
Thanks BT but whatever it is definitely sucks, but on a positive note they actually shut work down today ( so I will still get paid) and I've lost nine pounds in a day and a half.

Roy,

BT
Thanks BT but whatever it is definitely sucks, but on a positive note they actually shut work down today ( so I will still get paid) and I've lost nine pounds in a day and a half.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Aww man! Been a long time since I've had that, mine was "Egg drop soup" I think... Funny, I didn't think hot dogs would go bad for anything.

Wish you a speedy recovery also, and probably don't worry about the snow shoveling!

Back