Steering wheel on eBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DIBS!!! hahahahaha just kidding i must sell my mustang to buy the steering wheel

I spit out breakfast when I saw the price of this steering wheel.

NOS 1970-71 Mustang Boss Black Rim Blow Steering Wheel RARE!!! Mint in Box!

http://bit.ly/RXQoUF
Aww yes...If you notice this guy has 100% feed back and a bunch of NOS stuff...That is Bob Perkins... Contributing editor and technical advisor to Mustang Monthly. also the MCA Judge...He knows his stuff...And if your going to win with the big boys on your restoration...He knows what it takes...And it will cost...Heck even a NOS original battery cable new in box is worth 300 bucks too them...Could mean the diffrence from taking home a big trophy...This stuff is for the folks who plan to win shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spit out breakfast when I saw the price of this steering wheel.

NOS 1970-71 Mustang Boss Black Rim Blow Steering Wheel RARE!!! Mint in Box!

http://bit.ly/RXQoUF
Aww yes...If you notice this guy has 100% feed back and a bunch of NOS stuff...That is Bob Perkins... Contributing editor and technical advisor to Mustang Monthly. also the MCA Judge...He knows his stuff...And if your going to win with the big boys on your restoration...He knows what it takes...And it will cost...Heck even a NOS original battery cable new in box is worth 300 bucks too them...Could mean the diffrence from taking home a big trophy...This stuff is for the folks who plan to win shows.
I understand buying from a good person, but to value parts so high that a steering wheel is a large percentage of the overall car value is a little out there.

He does not value the parts he knows they will sell, his collection and talent are second to none. He started collecting 30 years ago and has a vast collection. He can afford to wait for the sale. I am in no way saying they are worth it but if you need a set of NOS Blue door panels to make your car 100% chances are your already into for big bucks anyways and are loaded so... This is the difference from a #1 and a #2. It is definately not for me.

Spare.JPG

The same seller wants $2,750.00 for a used 45 year old tire. The guy has some nice NOS parts and 100% satisfaction feedback so he must be doing something right, apparently there are people out there with money to burn and feel his prices are OK.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-65-66-US-ROYAL-DUAL-REDLINE-6-95X14-MUSTANG-NEAR-NEW-8-32-tread-/251203474021?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ce4d265
I have an original Firestone F70-14 w/w tire on the original wheel in the trunk of my 72 sprint. Maybe it's worth $3,000. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an original Firestone F70-14 ww/ tire on the original wheel in the trunk of my 72 sprint. Maybe it's worth $3,000. :p
Why don't you post it and see what happens? Would you rather be $3k richer or have that wheel?

What I don't understand, is the part of the steering wheel he has is the EASY PART to find. Try to find a good pad, with a good center emblem.

In my mind, that is where the money is.

In any event, this is evidence I underspent on my wheel purchase and restoration at high 3 figures.

He does not value the parts he knows they will sell, his collection and talent are second to none. He started collecting 30 years ago and has a vast collection. He can afford to wait for the sale. I am in no way saying they are worth it but if you need a set of NOS Blue door panels to make your car 100% chances are your already into for big bucks anyways and are loaded so... This is the difference from a #1 and a #2. It is definately not for me.
Yup...If your making the car to win shows...Or has to be in Jay Leno's collection or something like it...This is defenatly the guy to talk too.....But is it worth more than the most of the car? It can be in some respect...But to your average mustang driver and owner? Nope....He or she will think its high priced "which i think it is" But then again...Where do you find them new in box cheap? Like winning the lottery.

I have a friend who is restoring the last 70 Boss 429 built. He paid 7k for exhaust manifolds and new NOS exhaust system. 7K is a drop in the bucket when you restoring a car worth 250K. My brother paid 2k For a NOS smog pump for his 70 Boss 302 and he is not even going to install it. For the car to be worth the big money you got to have it.

I would like to add, in reference to an NOS steering wheel, most steering wheels will not be so round after 40 years in the heat and cold....probably not so round after 20 years.

I don't know that if I had a billion dollars, I would fork over $3k for that steering wheel....unless I was going to make some copies....now, that is a thought.

I have a cracked original steering wheel.. You can have it for $1000.00.. Lol I'll even cover the shipping.

Back