Hello from Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
Glad to be a member!

I recently bought a '73 convertible, and have been scouring the net for ideas and advice regarding mild modifications.

I'l post some pics when I get home from work.

My '73 has a 351c 2V and 2.5:1 rear end. On the outside, it's all stock except the wheels and the addition of a NASA hood and rear spoiler. Under the hood it is all original except for an aftermarket distributor and a chrome round 14" air cleaner. And... all the hoses and belts are new.

The odometer shows a little over 26,000 miles, and the title says the same... No clue if those are actual miles with a mild restoration, or if the odometer rolled over once or twice and it had an extensive restoration.

The paint job is not original, and looks to be 10-15 years old. It still has a lot of depth to it.

In any event, it is in storage until warmer weather, so I have some time to decide if I'll make any mods, and if so, to what extent.

Looking forward to a new hobby!

Glad to be a member!

I recently bought a '73 convertible, and have been scouring the net for ideas and advice regarding mild modifications.

I'l post some pics when I get home from work.

My '73 has a 351c 2V and 2.5:1 rear end. On the outside, it's all stock except the wheels and the addition of a NASA hood and rear spoiler. Under the hood it is all original except for an aftermarket distributor and a chrome round 14" air cleaner. And... all the hoses and belts are new.

The odometer shows a little over 26,000 miles, and the title says the same... No clue if those are actual miles with a mild restoration, or if the odometer rolled over once or twice and it had an extensive restoration.

The paint job is not original, and looks to be 10-15 years old. It still has a lot of depth to it.

In any event, it is in storage until warmer weather, so I have some time to decide if I'll make any mods, and if so, to what extent.

Looking forward to a new hobby!
Welcome from East Texas! My wife is from Ohio and we come through there often. Post some pics so we can all see your new baby.

OK, here are some pics :)

Sorry in advance for the quality

gallery_401_143_13453.jpg

gallery_401_143_17215.jpg

gallery_401_143_24759.jpg

gallery_401_143_7985.jpg

gallery_401_143_5383.jpg

I forgot to mention, that it has dual exhaust, but the original headers. I have no idea what mufflers, but they are only about a foot-n-a-half long

Welcome from East Texas! My wife is from Ohio and we come through there often. Post some pics so we can all see your new baby.
Thanks for the welcome! I spent the summer of 1982 working on a tow boat out of Galveston (her name was the "Ginnie G"). We would push deisel and fresh water out to rigs, and would push diesel along the intercoastal waterway, from Galveston/Houston Through Port Arthur and into Sabine Pass, LA.

Good times.

welcome from Rhode Island, you found the right place for this generation Mustangs!!
Thanks! I have been lurking here for a few days, and I have to agree... great place!

Sweet looking ride! Welcome from North Carolina fomerly from Erie County PA
Thanks!!! I wish I would have taken pics of the engine bay and interior. BTW, I love Erie!! except durring the winter. :D Man, talk about some snow drifts! Maybe not qite as bad as Buffalo, though

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. Glad to have you here!

Nice looking 73 vert you've got there. I did research at UTMB in Galveston from '87 - '89. Good times, for sure! :)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from SE Michigan.. Good to see another 73 vert owner :) car looks nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back