what are your 1/4 mile times?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73nancy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 mustang
1968 ford f100
1971 honda cb750
ok guys Post up your 1/4 or 1/8 mile drag times. doesn't matter if it is a full blown race car or a factory spec. Interested to see the range of times for our cars. Ryan

ok guys Post up your 1/4 or 1/8 mile drag times. doesn't matter if it is a full blown race car or a factory spec. Interested to see the range of times for our cars. Ryan
I took my car to the track once after rebuilding the 302 engine and got 15.2 seconds in the quarter mile. At this time the car had a 8" differential with 2.75 gears and conventional differential. So only one tire was spinning, i.e., when I hit second and third gear the speedometer was jumping as if I were driving on ice (I had to let off of the acceleration because of no traction). I burned a bunch of rubber -- found around the wheel well and wheel opening.

I then replaced with a 9" rearend and 3.50 gears and differential so both wheels would spin. It really did improve takeoff! but didn't make it another quarter mile run before I wrecked it on ice. One of these days I will put it back together and post a better quarter mile time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back