Hate aging

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Really starting to slowdown. Will be 60 this year and retirement is nowhere insight. My wife's best parts of the weekend is me in my chair napping. Even though our minds think we are still able to whatever, our bodies know different. I have spent hours THINKING what I would do to the car that day, get the keys and never get to car. I guess that why in most cases we share this life-time investment.

Maybe next year....lol

Alan L

There is an alternative, although nearly everyone I know says they don't like it much...

I'll hit 60 this year too. And your right about thinking of all the things I could be getting done. It seems like I keep busy, but don't have much to show for it.

I hit 43 this year and I'm sad to say that I try to do things to keep me young but those things make me feel old the next day.

Hope to retire in 15 years but that depends on the shape of the US at that point.

The only advice that ever stuck with me was just love life; you only have one ride on this planet so try and do what makes you happy.

Will be 79 this yr so 60 sounds young. Things I do are softball in

a senior league (55 plus), regular gym (showing up counts), walk

at least 20 minutes most days (going to car shows takes care of

that).

I always tell the wife....I may have to grow old ,but I don't have to grow up !!!!!!:D

Hmmm. Turning 61 in another 2 months. Since I was recently laid off (not a big deal) I've been skiing (WNY) 3- 4 days a week and have been thinking about a 3 week drive tour of ski areas in Colorado, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, etc. And the momentum is I really, really need to lose the 25 lbs (or more) I gained since quitting the smokes a couple years ago. $$ is a concern, but the experience may make it worthwhile. Wife is on-board, so now I have to take action.

It's all about what you'd like to do. Sounds like you need to take a break to think about what you want to do. The good thing is you are really interested in the car scene and can make that work for you. Anyway -good luck. Don't give up on us

Will be 79 this yr so 60 sounds young. Things I do are softball in

a senior league (55 plus), regular gym (showing up counts), walk

at least 20 minutes most days (going to car shows takes care of

that).
Sounds like great advice.

"NOT TOO OLD"...... that should be your clue.

I've found I allow things to get in the way. Work, yard work, cleaning house, you name it.....I never get to the Mach I or the 67 then find myself pissed that I havent done anything. Mostly work gets in MY way.

This weekend I needed to replace the timing belt on the wife's Accord v6. Now I would like for all of you to go and LOOK at a v6 in a Honda. there is about 3" of clearance between the fend well and the front of the engine. So to save 1200.00 I tackled it myself.

The experience (working for 2 days) on it taught me that ANYTHING is EASY on the ShhhTANGS after that fiasco. Double overhead cams ....timing belt.... for gawd sake no WONDER they charge so much.

But I found that I spent 2 days and it was easy once I let go...yes it was necessity but I've allowed work stop me from my love. Go out check out the car make a list... and do ONE THING each day.

"NOT TOO OLD"...... that should be your clue.

I've found I allow things to get in the way. Work, yard work, cleaning house, you name it.....I never get to the Mach I or the 67 then find myself pissed that I havent done anything. Mostly work gets in MY way.

This weekend I needed to replace the timing belt on the wife's Accord v6. Now I would like for all of you to go and LOOK at a v6 in a Honda. there is about 3" of clearance between the fend well and the front of the engine. So to save 1200.00 I tackled it myself.

The experience (working for 2 days) on it taught me that ANYTHING is EASY on the ShhhTANGS after that fiasco. Double overhead cams ....timing belt.... for gawd sake no WONDER they charge so much.

But I found that I spent 2 days and it was easy once I let go...yes it was necessity but I've allowed work stop me from my love. Go out check out the car make a list... and do ONE THING each day.
You said it.....NOT 2 OLD is my car, should think the same for myself.

Thanks Alan L

I'm 60. My once dark hair is salt and pepper, but it's all still there....so far. I work in a racing engine shop so I'm on my feet all day. The wife can always find a project for me. On top of that, I maintain our home and yard outside...tree trimming, mowing both front and back, flowerbeds clean out, etc, every weekend. I'm at the Bank at 9 in the morn (, so I don't even get to sleep in on Saturday. My Mach 1 is in the body shop getting a complete re-paint so I have been taking a bike to work a few days a week ( 6-7 mile ride at 7 in the morn ) and the body seems to handle it pretty well. I have dinner with my Dad on Tuesday nights, sing with another singer for practice on Wednesday nights, work on the ski boat on Thursday nights, and take the wife out to dinner on Friday nights . You gotta keep busy. Have goals that you want to do_Our Heavenly Father may take me tomorrow, or twenty-five years from now...you can never know, so I don't plan on it. I'll likely not retire, I'll just take every day as it comes.

Generally, the Mach 1 doesn't need any attention on a daily basis, but it's fun to work on. I'll start my day tomorrow out on the back patio quiet, shady, flowers, birds chirping, drinking a cup of coffee or a pepsi before my busy day starts all over again. Yeah, I'm 60

Back