71-73 Monte Carlo Bar Installed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
As some of you know I was insistent on installing a Monte Carlo Bar on my car, so I had by builder custom make one. As promised I am attaching pictures, I think it turned out nice and it clears everything!

He had it powder coated too. :D

Monte Carlo Bar Installed  (2).jpg

Monte Carlo Bar Installed  (1).jpg

That looks sweet! Tight fit! :)

I need to get one custom made too, because mine won't clear the disrtibutor. (Not even the stock one, so no luck with the Duraspak either)

It looks Great! What would your guy charge to make one just like yours? I have the same engine/AC set up you do.

Thanks for the Pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet bar! Looks really good! ::thumb::

I couldn't get my NPD bar to fit and was going to get a custom fabbed one too. I recently wrote to NPD stating that their monte carlo bars are incorrect for our year Mustangs, and they went ahead and tested it on one of their cars. One of their reps, Tim, confirmed that it was an issue and that they were going to return their entire inventory and get the bars retooled for our cars.

If any of you fellas are cheap and don't want a MC bar fabbed up, just wait a year or so for NPD's new sets to come out. Just a heads up for any of you guys that are having the same issue.

Well, it has been 10 years later now and the straight one I just got from them still does not fit. 351C with no AC. There is still interference with the distributor. I'm in the process of trying to make it work by cutting and using some 90* elbow pipe fittings.

Yup… still no affordable Monte Carlo bar that fits our cars. To my knowledge, NPD still hasn’t retooled theirs, either. Suppliers are missing out on a nice cash grab from the 71-73 crowd.

Back