71 Shelby conversion $132K HEEEEE!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
For my taste remove the spoiler and fake Shelby stuff and 13K might be a good price. Normally I don't make negative comments about cars for sell because each person has their own tastes...but this isn't an individual selling the car, it's a large marketing company who should know better than to try and pass this car off as a 132K rare Shelby converstion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a few mach 1's were built in 71 that's just too much, there were way less sportsroofs:) Oh were we talking about the Shelby conversion oops

This car popped up in another discussion forum, but I cannot find the thread for the life of me. It is a cheap conversion done in the 1990's, with Shelby's blessings/licensing.

EDIT: Bingo, found it. It is a promo car (one of four converted) done for the Shelby Heart foundation in: http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/introductions-greetings/14633-hello-everyone.html

The conversion has about the same value as any other hop-up job done in someone's driveway, only a home-spun job would probably look better. Get a look at that center console.

08.jpg

-Kurt

Google "Performance Royal Shelby Cobra GT 500"

Not ONE link:s beside the one to ebay for this car
WOW, that makes even more rare.;)

Here's what posters on the Shelby Forum had to say when the owner asked for their opinion if it was authenic or not:

"I believe this one to be a tall tale. As someone here once said, extraordinary statements require extraordinary proof So far, I see nothing but a mismatched VIN to go along with the statements of it's authenticity."

"After a brief phone call and an email sent of the engine shot, I can tell you it is NOT a Roush built engine, what else is not what it appears to be."

Actually it was the Forums consensus to the owner that their research disclosed it "not" to be a Shelby conversion and that the engine was not a Roush built engine. The owner thanked them for their research. That was 3 weeks ago, now it's up for sale as an authenic Shelby conversion for 132K.

Highly doubt (and hope not) that the King of Sweden might want to show up in such a

horrible creation .. :mad:

If you look at the ebay listing, there is a pic of the left front fender. Now, I wonder why the snake is is covered by a plain white silhouette. It´s been photoshopped in. Is he trying to not get busted for copyright infringement or what?!?

Whatever, that car is definitely not a Shelby, although there were some. But they were only produced for Europe and their serial numbers are known. And I don´t care whether Shelby agreed to the conversion. I cannot imagine that Shelby would license such a hack job, especially as there are no typical Shelby style features on that car. (except the front grille.)

It's that time of year Barrett Jackson has just finished and some guys who watched the auction figure that their mediocre car is worth slightly less then ones that have had extensive restorations done.

Love watching Barrett Jackson but hate the fact that for about 2 months after we get dreamers who figure theirs is "special"

Just my two cents worth!

Back