Marti Report questions 1971 Mach I

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parforever

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I'm in the process of a full restoration to the orginal car of an all numbers matching 71 Mach 1. Two exceptions to matching are the interior and the paint.

As you can see the paint code is 3077-A. I know the paint color but what I'm not sure about is the striping. How do I know if its silver or black?

The interior code is 5B Blue Ciarion Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats. Confusion is when looking on mustangs unlimited to what color of blue. There are light, med and dark blue on many of the interior items.

I'm partial to Silver stripping and dark blue interior but also want all original on the car as specified by the Marti report.

Any assitance on how I can find this out would be great. Pictures would be even better.

Thanks, Ed

I'm in the process of a full restoration to the orginal car of an all numbers matching 71 Mach 1. Two exceptions to matching are the interior and the paint.

As you can see the paint code is 3077-A. I know the paint color but what I'm not sure about is the striping. How do I know if its silver or black?

The interior code is 5B Blue Ciarion Knit/Corinthian Vinyl Bucket Seats. Confusion is when looking on mustangs unlimited to what color of blue. There are light, med and dark blue on many of the interior items.

I'm partial to Silver stripping and dark blue interior but also want all original on the car as specified by the Marti report.

Any assitance on how I can find this out would be great. Pictures would be even better.

Thanks, Ed
Good question...I think on your color it was silver striping . "atleast i see alot of blue and brighter blue cars with silver striping and silver hood stripe" Im sure some one will be along soon too give you more for sure information.

G'day my 72 Mach1 has the paint code 3J or 3077-A, which is listed on the Marti report as Bright Blue Metallic, my interior is listed as, GB = Blue Sebring Knit/Corinthian Vinly Bucket Seats. Here a few pics for you..

408974_370718906287336_100000476899783_1476923_9870652_n.jpg

422677_370717536287473_100000476899783_1476888_1071927386_n.jpg

SDC11425.JPG

I can not confirm from any of my references. However, every one I saw when they were new had argent stripes (which I think look great). Maybe BT has something definitive. Chuck

Go argent all the way. Don't think I've seen our blue with black stripes.
My dad had one when i was a kid...1973 with black stripes and was metalic blue....and there is one that shows up at our local show...a pick of it...doesnt look bad with black either..but i like the argent my self too.

My dad had one when i was a kid...1973 with black stripes and was metalic blue....and there is one that shows up at our local show...a pick of it...doesnt look bad with black either..but i like the argent my self too.
Just for the record, the local show car never came from the factory with the hockey sticks or the hood paint.

However, since it has a side molding, it may have been blue w/a black secondary color at the bottom when original. I don't know if the lack of the stripes would affect the color the factory would paint the two-tone area.

-Kurt

Just for the record, the local show car never came from the factory with the hockey sticks or the hood paint.

However, since it has a side molding, it may have been blue w/a black secondary color at the bottom when original. I don't know if the lack of the stripes would affect the color the factory would paint the two-tone area.

-Kurt
Just for the record...I didn't qoute it was factory on that car..just said it shows up and doesnt look bad...That being said..I have seen plenty of light blue and blue mustangs with black stripe kit."Even some in junk yards im sure where original"...He has a valid question thou...What did his car some with? And is there any information to prove one way or another what color his had for stripes? Or does he have to flip a coin or just pick the one he likes most?

Just cause we see more blue ones now days with argent stripes does not mean it is correct for that car originaly out of the factory...I been looking a little and i can't seem to find any information besides Ford put either "black matted or argent"....I know it is a bit anal...But some people just have to know for sure..hehe

One my dad owned more like on the bottom..His being a 73 ....But it had the hood stripe....and i see alot of the light blue ones with black....And light blue ones look pretty good with the black.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say go with whatever stripe color you want it's your car (yellow stripes are always good:)

Back