Windshield Trim Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Hey guys, I'm in the market for windshield trim for my 71 coupe and was curious if the fastback and coupe trim were different? Mustangs Unlimited has one for each with different part numbers but they're also made by different companies. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

I think they are different, but almost everyone will tell you not to waste your time on the repop trim. It's thin and bends very easily. Most people will tell you to hold out for original trim that is in good condition and just pay more.

If you want to go for "original", you might want to touch base with Mike at Motor City Mustang as he is one of our sponsors and I have had GREAT service from him on original parts.

You also might try Don at Ohio Mustang Supply (also one of our Sponsors) as he might be able to assist.

BT

Hey guys, I'm in the market for windshield trim for my 71 coupe and was curious if the fastback and coupe trim were different? Mustangs Unlimited has one for each with different part numbers but they're also made by different companies. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!
They are different

In responce to sm3570

Front windshield trim for fastback is fine

Both front and rear trim for coupes are also ok

rear trim for fastback is too soft

All the windshield trim is by the same company

THE BEST part is unlimited advertizes the 71-3 fastback trim but has a picture of a coupe :s

On the new coupe windshield trim thay want 20.00 more than me :D

I probably have some used trim too

Last edited by a moderator:
They are different

In responce to sm3570

All the windshield trim is by the same company

THE BEST part is unlimited advertizes the 71-3 fastback trim but has a picture of a coupe :s

On the new coupe windshield trim thay want 20.00 more than me :D

I probably have some used trim too
Very cool of you Don! :cool:

They are different

In responce to sm3570

No kidding! I haven't heard that before, I've only heard a bunch of bad stuff about the repop trim pieces. Well...in that case...

My best luck for used original stuff has been Don @OMS has always went out of his way to help me out.
+1 on that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I have a line on a set from Dons65Stang but I'm assuming he has the fastback set and not the coupe. If that's the case I'm going to have a call into Don@OMS... Too many knowledgeable Don's on this site! :)

that was also my experience......the front repo worked fine, but the rear was too soft and ended up re-installing the original

Back