'73 Mach-1 folding rear seat

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
When I bought my Mach-1, I noticed that the folding rear seat was taken all appart. Not only is there no cushion, but each individual section is appart and there are no hinges that keep it together and allow it to fold up. I've seen earlier fastback rear seat hinges in catalogs such as National Parts Depot. Does anyone know if earlier hinges would work on a '71-'73? I would post a pic but I can't seem to be able to post with my smart phone..

When I bought my Mach-1, I noticed that the folding rear seat was taken all appart. Not only is there no cushion, but each individual section is appart and there are no hinges that keep it together and allow it to fold up. I've seen earlier fastback rear seat hinges in catalogs such as National Parts Depot. Does anyone know if earlier hinges would work on a '71-'73? I would post a pic but I can't seem to be able to post with my smart phone..
MY 72 MACH HAS FOLD DOWN AND IT ALSO CAME TO ME WITH NO HINGE FOR IT. I COULD NOT FIND HINGES ANYWHERE. I MADE ONE FROM A PIANO HINGE. IT WORKS FINE. IF YOU NEED I CAN TAKE SOME PICS OF IT AND SEND TO YOU

I have several fold down seat sections

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. I have contacted OMS so I should be good. But, I'll let you know.

Back