Pro System Carbs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Has anyone had these guys build them a carb?? My engine builder uses them all the time and really likes there products and service. This is the route I'm taking with my 408 build. You give them all your engine specs and what you plan on doing with the motor and they will build you a custom tuned carb for your motor. Most carbs by them are dead on or very close with minimal tuning needed. And the prices arent too bad either. Very comparable to what you would pay for same type of carb from summit or jegs. Just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with them??? i will let you know how mine performs soon I HOPE!! Heres a link to their website and the carb i will probaboly be going with.

http://www.prosystemsracing.com/proseries4150.html

Has anyone had these guys build them a carb?? My engine builder uses them all the time and really likes there products and service. This is the route I'm taking with my 408 build. You give them all your engine specs and what you plan on doing with the motor and they will build you a custom tuned carb for your motor. Most carbs by them are dead on or very close with minimal tuning needed. And the prices arent too bad either. Very comparable to what you would pay for same type of carb from summit or jegs. Just wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with them??? i will let you know how mine performs soon I HOPE!! Heres a link to their website and the carb i will probaboly be going with.

http://www.prosystemsracing.com/proseries4150.html
I don't have any personal experience with Prosystems but I have read good things about their carbs and their customer service.

However, how do you intend to use your car? How much street service will it see? This carb is advertised as having a race calibration. You may want to talk to Patrick directly and tell him what you goals and intended usage are and see what he has to say.

I have one on my 408 in my 1985 GT and love it. Its money well spent. I have nothing but praise to say about them and their service. I've recommended them to a few of my friends and they are satisfied customers as well.

I take that back. I do have one negative thing to say. I liked their carb on my 408 so much that I wanted them to build me a carb for the 352 in my 66 F-100. He would not build me a carb as he said they are primarily for race motors and do not build anything for engines making less than 400hp. Even though I don't like it I have to respect them for saying it up front.

50EFIcoolanttubes002.jpg

They are a great mob to deal with, even from my side of the world and their carbs are first rate, I got a 750 built by them for my 347w, which made 480hp on the engine dyno, the only adjustment made to the carb was we went down one size on the secondary jets, everything else was spot on, was so impressed with them I got another one of them for my 460 a 950. Will be a while till it gets a run But I have 100% confidence that it will start up and run fine, Can't ask much more than that....

Thanks guys. I have heard all good things about these guys. My car will be run primarily on the street. But this car will be a monster on the street. Easily be over 500hp possibly close to 600. Still ironing out all the details on this build but I think one of these carbs will work great for me. We will see once the cam is picked out and all assembled.

Latest posts

Back