My Intro - and build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73 "H" Code Mach 1
[align=left]Hello name is Lee from Bakersfield CA. Just joined today for the first time. History, when I was a sophomore in high school in Taft California I purchased a 73 Coupe with 302 2v and C4 trans, after throwing a rod, my uncle whom owned a automotive shop let me work for him during the summer, and work after hours on pulling the engine and taught me to rebuild it from ground up. Shortly after I got a crappy MAACO paint job of red and had a blast my senior year of school going to Sonic drive inn on Friday nights and showing off for all my girl friends.

[/align]
f982w.jpg

Alas I owned the car for 6 years and sold it of course because of a woman. I have regretted it ever since that day and for the last 14 years have been looking to replace that stang, but with the version I always wanted her to be, a fastback. Finally after all these years I came across an old craigslist add for a 73 Fastback that was little over 2 hours away so I grabbed my old cruising buddy from high school and we went and looked at it. Bought the car for $3K and towed it home, its the one in the primer grey color pictures, all original untouched interior, 302 2v W/C4, 4 wheel drum, all straight body, with very minimal surface rust spots and still starts up and drives. I towed it home and immediately started cleaning her out. Look forward to working on her so badly and getting her where I want her. Plans are to paint her all black, with black/grey Mach interior and slip a big block in her possibly stroked out, but who knows what the future holds.
nv1dhd.jpg
wldsa0.jpg
23uq1x5.jpg
15r075h.jpg
256d104.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Chesapeake VA

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great introduction! Looking forward to seeing the progress on your car.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Cool story. Sounds like you are a similar age to a lot of us on here. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress with the car.

Hi Lee, welcome from central Ohio ! A lot of us here have a similar story. I had a Mach 1 in high school and learned a lot about Mustangs working on that car. I sold my high school Mach in Southern California three years after graduating college. Not sure where that car is today but would really like to have it back!

Your fastback looks like a great project. Does it have the avocado interior (can't really tell on this I Phone)?

Hi Lee, welcome from central Ohio ! A lot of us here have a similar story. I had a Mach 1 in high school and learned a lot about Mustangs working on that car. I sold my high school Mach in Southern California three years after graduating college. Not sure where that car is today but would really like to have it back!

Your fastback looks like a great project. Does it have the avocado interior (can't really tell on this I Phone)?
:D No its not the Avocado, its like a yellowish tan color, but I plan on gutting it all and replacing mostly with Black/Grey Mach interior. When I was up purchasing the car, we ran all the numbers to get all the original information, but I cant remember it all at the moment, will post up at a later time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back