Engine Bay Diagram

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdherman

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So I've found a wiring diagram, and a vacuum diagram, but does anyone know of a total engine bay diagram, will all the parts identified?

Correction..I have a 71 that has had the engine bay modified, AC removed, different intake, carb, ignition, fuel pump, etc.

Wiring and plumbing all molested too.

I have diagramed the way it is now, what I'm looking for is a diagram of the way it was originally. I can look at pictures, but ultimately would love a diagram of the engine, with all connections, with part numbers, accessories, etc.

i did my engine bay searching for ENORMOUS quantity of pictures everywhere... I didn´t find an easier way but i must say that i have a 6 cylinder car with some rare options so that was my experience...

The 'Yellow' Assembly Manuals offer up pretty decent illustrations with Ford technical notations. However, actual part numbers and/or descriptions (technical or layman terms) are few & far between.

I know the Electrical Assembly Manual has the most detailed engine compartment pics (of the 3 manuals I purchased). Having someone label them for you might be the way to go.

Here's a link to the manuals I spoke of: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=1971%20Mustang%20Assembly%20Manual

Hope that helps.

The Ford shop manuals are a good reference as well. You will need to search the various section of the system you are working on, but they can provide you some good exploded views on components and routing.

In reading the review by Michael Specht (whom I believe might be username 'spechti' here on our forums), it's apparently not the greatest if you're hoping to produce something printed that's actually legible.

Yeah, I read his review, I don't plan to print. You can zoom all you want on the computer, just can't print zoomed in. So I'll just be using the laptop. There are ways to getting around that though (zoom in, take a screen shot, paste in paint and print that)

Some of the PDF's that come on CD's for master parts catalogs, shop manuals, wiring diagrams, etc., require the use of Adobe Reader; they will not load in Acrobat Pro. They do that so you are unable to save sections as PDF's and can only print out pages at a time. Something about protecting their copyrights...bastids...

Some of the PDF's that come on CD's for master parts catalogs, shop manuals, wiring diagrams, etc., require the use of Adobe Reader; they will not load in Acrobat Pro. They do that so you are unable to save sections as PDF's and can only print out pages at a time. Something about protecting their copyrights...bastids...
Snapshots, print screen, etc. are also disabled.

Snapshots, print screen, etc. are also disabled.
and I thought Adobe Pro was the Bomb!!! I guessed wrong :D

Back