• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video John.. :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Thx Lars, Daniel, Mike and Jim for your comments.

Today I worked on getting the chin spoiler on and giving it a good cleaning. Attaching 2 pics of the front spoiler.

thx

-john

DSCN1802.thumb.JPG.1247839b3126555642acca5da7ab5003.JPG

DSCN1809.thumb.JPG.c0a503962b8db4beb72b96f48ae4ae9a.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Awesome John...When is you're apointment date?

Mike,

It's on the 9th of January in the morning.

-john

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Just thought that Id add this that I got today;

JimTete does a fantastic job, Thx Jim!!!!

WhiteStang-Horse1-1.thumb.jpg.f4732c922c587f6a0b7179391a60848f.jpg

-john

(jbojo)

Wow this is so beautiful made!! You have done a spectacular work John[emoji8][emoji41][emoji106] Which you and your family Merry Christmas[emoji6] Regards Lars DK73

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Regards DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Very nice job, John. It will be so nice to see it on the street. Was able to get the Boss out today for a drive. Does not happen often in December. Have a Great Chrismas. Wade

Thx Wade. Saturday was a great day for a drive. It was in the 60's here. Have a great Chrismas too.

Wow this is so beautiful made!! You have done a spectacular work John[emoji8][emoji41][emoji106] Which you and your family Merry Christmas[emoji6] Regards Lars DK73

Thx Lars, You guys have a great Christmas too!!

-john

(jbojo)

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car out for a quick run today. Found several issues that I will need to address. The motor ran great and there is a lot of power. Gets to 60 really quick, I ran out of memory while I did that so it didn't record. At about 47 mph the motor is turning around 1700 rpm with the 3.89 rear so its not too bad. I figure to be turning around 2700 rpm at 70 mph so it will be livable. Things that I'll need to address:

* Put a trans oil cooler on. The cooling lines felt hot.

* Lower the PS steering pump pressure alittle. The steering is really too sensitive.

* Fix an annoying squeak coming from the driver window.

Not alot of things but I have the winter to fix everything.

Posting a video but it's not very good and a liitle boring to watch but fun when behind the wheel. Going to have to figure out a better mounting system and I'll put several short clips of various section of the drive into the video of different performance aspects of the car in a week or so. Weather is supposed to get bad tomorrow.

thx

-john

(jbojo)

1/2/15

Worked on trying to figure out how I was going to mount the tranny oil cooler today. On the B&M cooler the fan draws air through the cooling plates so that prevented me from mounting directly to the radiator core. What I came up with was to create a frame ahead of the radiator that had at least 5 inches clearance for the cooler assembly. The location that I chose allows me to run the cooling lines on the left side and to access the thermostat at the bottom right. Tomorrow I will paint the frame black and permanently mount the frame and cooler. Then I will just need to run the electrical and cooling lines and it should be done. Using AN fittings so attaching the cooing lines should be easy. Attached some pics.

thx

IMG_2168.thumb.JPG.cf858f598cdd91debe2d853d63b4a7cd.JPG

IMG_2169.thumb.JPG.c62ffadc1c019ff1edcfe8438ee1ae53.JPG

IMG_2171.thumb.JPG.da46a477adb9306404b6d5f98412a629.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

Hi looks great your work whit the cooler fans John😎[THUMBS UP SIGN][WINKING FACE] Regards Lars

Regards DK73

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Loved the build video. Especially the plug for the site at the end. ;)

Great looking car. We have similar drive train setups. I need to get a higher speed stall and am contemplating going from 3.5 to 3.73 now that I have the GV.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

1/4/15

Thx will e, yeah the 3.89 gears that I have really make it quick. You will like the 3.73 gears.

Today I got the cooler mounted and electrically wired. The transmission cooler lines are 5/16 in so I had to order 2 new AN fittings. Alls that left to do is to hook up the oil lines and this new mod will be done. I am really satisfied how this fit behind the grille.

thx

IMG_2172.thumb.JPG.031fcef86b16a46fdd75ddcf725609ce.JPG

IMG_2173.thumb.JPG.e0195c7ea36667956622d920e2258759.JPG

-john

(jbojo)

1/9/15

Got another item off my checklist today. Took the car to the state patrol for its inspection and got the paperwork to get the license tags. Funny thing was that he didn't know why I had to do this inspection. He did ask me when the car was stolen and where so it surprised me that this car has a record in the vehicle database. It was stolen in 1981 so I guess it was his way of telling I was the owner.

On the way home I got it on the freeway and up to 70mph. At that speed it was turning 2700rpm and running very smoothly though I am not used to a motor running that high of an rpm on the freeway anymore.

I did get the fittings to hook up the tranny oil cooler so tomorrow I'll be hooking up the oil lines. After that it's on to try getting Ram air installed.

thx

-john

(jbojo)

Happy to hear your at the stage where your enjoying the fruits of your labour. Great looking ride. What is the name of that white paint job?

Happy to hear your at the stage where your enjoying the fruits of your labour. Great looking ride. What is the name of that white paint job?

It's paint code 9A, Wimbledon White. It's sort of an off white. This was the original color for the car.

-john

(jbojo)