Anyone on here using an under tire dolly set?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Curious if anyone on the forum is using under tire hydraulic dolly's. Trying to figure out a way to move my car around in the garage when working on it and then moving it back into a corner when I'm not.

Found these on eBay for what seems like a great price compared to other hydraulic dolly's I've found that cost almost as much for one dolly. Anyone have any experience with these or have a better option? Thanks for any help!

I can't get to ebay here at work, but the devices we use at the Auto Hobby Shop are called Go-Jaks. http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

They work awesome, and allow complete 360 degree movement, rotation, etc. Put 'em under each tire, adjust for tire size, crank 'em up, and they roll just fine. Not too expensive, either.

Hope this helps.

I bought 4 dollies at harbor freight for 100 bucks and while they7 aren't fancy or hydraulic, they work well and are less than the shipping costs of the others. I figure I have several floor jacks and wouldn't want the car supported by the hydraulics anyway

I can't get to ebay here at work, but the devices we use at the Auto Hobby Shop are called Go-Jaks. http://www.zendextool.com/gojak/

They work awesome, and allow complete 360 degree movement, rotation, etc. Put 'em under each tire, adjust for tire size, crank 'em up, and they roll just fine. Not too expensive, either.

Hope this helps.
The eBay ones I found cost the same amount for all four that one GoJak costs. Makes me think it may be too good to be true.

I bought 4 dollies at harbor freight for 100 bucks and while they7 aren't fancy or hydraulic, they work well and are less than the shipping costs of the others. I figure I have several floor jacks and wouldn't want the car supported by the hydraulics anyway

I use these too and they work good for me.

-jbojo

While the harbor freight dollies work ok

The aluminum ones from summit racing roll / change direction so much easier. I won't the HF ones anymore

I won't get the hydraulic ones as I am use to just sliding under cars on the standard dollies. I know they won"t drop down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if anyone on the forum is using under tire hydraulic dolly's. Trying to figure out a way to move my car around in the garage when working on it and then moving it back into a corner when I'm not.

Found these on eBay for what seems like a great price compared to other hydraulic dolly's I've found that cost almost as much for one dolly. Anyone have any experience with these or have a better option? Thanks for any help!
$134.00 for Economy Shipping, plus it says local pick up not available??? I would look around.

Jim

I use these ones from Tractor supply. http://www.tractorsupply.com/big-red-1000-lbs-car-dolly-1161639#product_tabs

They come as a pair so you have to buy 2 sets for the car. $100 isnt bad. Just about same as the HF ones. They work great in a tight garage like i have. But i did break one of the casters once. My floor has a lot of chips in it and it caught the divet and broke the center out of the caster. I just put 2 big washers in there and welded the caster back together has been working for about 2 years. They are sometimes hard to get to change directions by yourself but if 2 people do it, its very easy. Of course the front is always harder to push with the motor weight.

I have two sets, but they were both received as gifts so I am not sure where they came from. 1 set has metal caster the other has a poly caster. I like the poly casters more as the edges of the wheel are rounded and they turn better than the flat surface of the metal caster. You can see the set I have under my 72 in this prior to disassembly picture. These red ones with the poly wheels work better for one person moving of the car.

72 Mustang 097.jpg

P2280340 (2).jpg

Hey ya'll

call me cheap but I put my body up on rolling blocks constructed of scrap 2x6 like cribbing u see under manuf homes at the lots or under houses they;re moving. When I no longer needed it way up in the air I just shortened up the stack and made it fit the tires. 4 inch neoprene casters cost me abot $70 but its strong and the big casters roll well. Hope that helps

Hope this helps.
The eBay ones I found cost the same amount for all four that one GoJak costs. Makes me think it may be too good to be true.
I imagine it's a case of 'you get what you pay for.' ;) Considering that the only link out there that says anything about 'Classic Performance Products' and 'EB-DOLLY' together is that ebay link, I'd be cautious.

I agree Mr. 4x4. What do they say about a fool and his money? Haha

Bkdunha, I actually like those red ones you have. They have those on Amazon for a good price with good reviews. I think I may steer that way instead.

We picked up some at Big Lots or Sams can't remember they work fine

Back