• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Any and All fiberglass panels for a 71-73 coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71 'stang

Reaction score
My Car
A 1971 Mustang Coupe was my first car,
Now rebuilding a '72 Qcode Mach 1.
351/4speed
Im looking to lighten up the stang and replace some of the metal panels with fiberglass. Im looking for fenders, bumpers, a trunk lid, and a hood. Maybe doors but Im trying to stay away from that do to the fact that you cant use glass windows and that they do not have steel reinforcements for any passengers. I am looking for ANY USED/NEW panels in absolutely ANY condition. Parts can be cracked, bent, missing chunks out of them etc. I am a fiberglass repairer and I'll be able to fix whatever needs it. Please let me know if you have anything you'd be willing to sell. Thanks, 71 'stang

Somebody, anybody.. whose got anything!!??

I don't have any panels but I think there are only a few pieces out there in the market right now. Seems the 65-70's get the lion's share. However, since you are a fiberglass repairer, you should post up seem tips or pointers for us. I for one would like to speak to you on the Sportster concept I'm working on...check my post.

I do not have any fiberglass parts but a very cursory look into the Mustang Plus and NPD catalogs show they carry the fiberglass hoods; Mustang Plus also has the fiberglass deck lid and fiberglass fender flairs in their catalog. I also seem to recall seeing fiberglass bumpers being sold somewhere.

If you have not done so, you might want to go to their (NPD and Mustang Plus) sites and check it out. I would think that OMS may also be able to get certain items for you if it is in production and the other parts stores are carrying it.

Hope this helps.

BT

...Mustang Unlimited has the fiberglass front fenders listed in their catalog. They may have other pieces but I just did a cursory check.

BT

Last edited by a moderator:
i just looked up those places, man do i need to start saving! the prices on the parts themselves is reasonable, but shipping's gonna be a killer!!! thanks guys!

machsport72--- shoot me a pm with what you need, for information or questions, or otherwise

there are some nice nasa hoods with cowl induction

http://www.usbody.com/__Photo-Product-Views/A-Hood-Specs/T-Hoods/tmuh-72.htm

I am getting one of these for sure when i get the car repainted
I am tempted to get one (and may need to anyway) but I hate the double step up design. I am thinking of either cutting up my stock steel hood or getting a non-cowl glass one and adding a cowl that extends all the way to the edge of the scoops. I could pretty much just add flat material and keep the existing angles.

I have one of those dominator hoods. Im still not sure if i like it or not. Its in the crate it came in setting in the trailer with the car. When I get every thing out and the garage all set up i will put it on and get some pics, post them up.

Cory

I have one of those dominator hoods. Im still not sure if i like it or not. Its in the crate it came in setting in the trailer with the car. When I get every thing out and the garage all set up i will put it on and get some pics, post them up.

Cory
I just want something different I was looking at 71/73 mustang pics on google to maybe get some inspiration and I noticed that 99% of the cars all look pretty much the same .Either the mach1 look or one color.My car is not a mach 1 just a plain old fastback. I want to do something a little out there when it comes to looks .I was thinking of reversing the color scheme.Have the car all satin black with the stripes gloss.{still have time to think about it wont get painted for 2 more years hahaha}

this pic is for 72fastback.. at one time, my car was painted up satin black with gloss orange mach one style stripes.. i went a bit further to "strobe" the center of the pattern and then added lace and odd "flowing" shapes to the pattern... just some ideas

on ramps hood.jpg

lace roof.jpg

on ramps rear roof.jpg

Fiberglass.jpgI just Installed fiberglass front fenders on my 72 sprint coupe that I purchased from mustangs plus. it's a lot of work . they dont really line up you have to do a lot of modifications to get them to fit. I had to drill all the mounting holes, cut out the turn signal, drill holes for the fender extentions and hood bumpers. It does lighten up the front end a bunch though.

If I remember correctly, go look up Dark Horse Racing. They have a '72 they track race. And I'm pretty sure you can pick up a whole fiberglass front end, doors and the trunk lid.

Darkhorseracing.net has all the panels

http://www.darkhorseracing.net/71-73_mustang.htm

hood

fenders

trunklid

doors

rear bumper

full tilt front end.

I've heard there stuff fits pretty good

They have 2 different versions available, light weight pin on race, and light weight street that accepts factory hinges.

from the 335 cleveland forum gallery

Body - Custom fiberglass, tilt, one piece front end, fiberglass doors w/ power windows and remote keyless entry and shaved door handles, fiberglass trunk lid, fiberglass rear valance, fiberglass rear bumper, functional ram air hood scoops, all metal was either new or sanded to bare metal before painting.

tilt.jpg

Body - Custom fiberglass, tilt, one piece front end, fiberglass doors w/ power windows and remote keyless entry and shaved door handles, fiberglass trunk lid, fiberglass rear valance, fiberglass rear bumper, functional ram air hood scoops, all metal was either new or sanded to bare metal before painting.
That is one bitchen ride

Coilwire

I sure would like to know where he got/how he made all those fiberglass parts.

I sure would like to know where he got/how he made all those fiberglass parts.
Try this link

http://www.network54.com/Forum/215655/message/1268959943/%2773+Mach+1+with+a+351+Cleveland

Maybe you can find a little more out about the car/owner

Back