Marti Report!! Let´s discuss it!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my report.

2vtqihu.jpg

Can anyone help me decode the report? I mean... Now i have to learn about the options of my car in order to start getting the parts missing... I think this post could also help everyone to learn about that kind of factory information :)

Well... Pretty much everything? Jeje!! Jokes apart (i'm not that stupid) what i'm trying to do here is to undestand everything so good that i know which especific part i'll need... For example, lets start with the extra cooling option... That means my radiator is bigger that an I6 one or i'm missing an extra radiator?

Another one... The export heavy duty suspension...

And abortar one for now... The accessory packaging?! What?! Je!

Well BT, that's a start!!

It is my understanding that the "extra cooling" would equate to your car having the heavy duty radiator that was found on the 351C. It is not an additional radiator.

I am thinking you may also have the "staggered rear shock absorbers" as part of the suspension package upgrade.

I am not sure about the reference to the "Accessory Packaging" but I am sure that someone will chime in, possibly Don (OMS) or one of the Technical folks. The other "options" seem pretty straight forward to me. The "one of one" thing, of course, equates to your car having that unique engine/transmission combination.

Hope this helps.

BT

I'm curious why you are trying to bring it back to a completely stock car when you already changed the color.

If your parts are good and working I'd save the money and put it into other things.

I'm curious why you are trying to bring it back to a completely stock car when you already changed the color.

If your parts are good and working I'd save the money and put it into other things.
The History with the colour is in other post somewhere... I bought the car and i had like 2000 doloars left to spend which was all into interior trim, tires and so... I had that green in my garagge for other car and i just used it to the fastback in order to use the car as soon as Possible...

I didnt know the car was in some ways unique... We discovered that here last week!!

Now i decided to start investigating what i have and what i dont in order to start buying things one by one and some day have the hOle original factory car back together... Paint included...

Meanwhile the car is usable as is.. The back to factory is like an alternative project for this car...

Before i knew the rare car it was, my plan was a big v8 etc... Now the upgrades are gonna go to a back to originality project..

BT, thanks!! You are a wise mustang man, je! You're useful of course! Although, nothing is direct undestanding to an uruguayan men who has never seen another 71-73 mustang in Person! Je!!

Later we'll gonna get there... Feel like all of you are my mustang teachers and i'm not that clever!! Jeje

I see. Ok. Sounds good to me. I just wanted to undersand better what your plan was.

You are doing better than me. You are driving yours. Mine is still in pieces.

Dont worry... Every project is enjoyable... If your's not working, enjoy the piece for piece restoration.. I do that too! :p

Those moments is when i learn the most... Grab a nut and treat it like it was the best nut ever produced... Understanding it's funtion, etc...

RestOre a car for me is much more than finish the car in Order to use it...

Enjoy and count with me fOr whatever i can be helPfull!

Dont worry... Every project is enjoyable... If your's not working, enjoy the piece for piece restoration.. I do that too! :p

Those moments is when i learn the most... Grab a nut and treat it like it was the best nut ever produced... Understanding it's funtion, etc...

RestOre a car for me is much more than finish the car in Order to use it...

Enjoy and count with me fOr whatever i can be helPfull!
It's very hard to figure exactly specific parts your car came with w/o the build sheet but those are hard to read and decipher.

For example... i know my car had iron wheels and wheel covers... The cuestion is what wheel covers did it bring? The same happens with the Rocker molding... i know the cad had one because o have the monting kit in a jar :p but which molding exactly?

This is the build sheet for my 72 Mach1. I found it under the carpet. you cannot buy one from anybody - you have to be lucky and find one in the car.
Wow... great document... In my car there where not anything like that...

Maybe what i can do is with the documentation i can get. try to find the best option for each part...

For example... i tralked about the wheel covers earlier... if the Marti Report doesn´t specify anything, doesn´t that means my car used to have standard wheels and wheel covers?

I think what i´m gonna do is open a post for each particular issue to deduce so, we all can debate which is the best option i have...

Back