• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Clutch Pedal Assist Spring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I need to buy a clutch pedal assit spriing that mounts to the side of the pedal box. Anyone have one to sell?

For those who have been there, what is the easiest way to install the spring on the pedal box?

Need one soon. Thanks for the input!

I hope someone has an easier way than described in the service manual, section 16-03-04. It require removal of the steering column, brake booster, and the entire pedal assembly. Hopefully someone will post a far easier way to do it. Sorry I was of no real help. Chuck

I hope someone has an easier way than described in the service manual, section 16-03-04. It require removal of the steering column, brake booster, and the entire pedal assembly. Hopefully someone will post a far easier way to do it. Sorry I was of no real help. Chuck
Don of OMS sent me instructions for replacing my clutch pedal.

Said it takes 15 minutes. I once purchased a CenterForce II and

asked a local Mustang shop to install it, $750 labor they said :huh:

"Got to tear the whole steering and pedal assembly out" they

said :dodgy: What exactly does replacing the clutch have to do with

that?

mike

I need to buy a clutch pedal assit spriing that mounts to the side of the pedal box. Anyone have one to sell?

For those who have been there, what is the easiest way to install the spring on the pedal box?

Need one soon. Thanks for the input!
Just bought one here

http://store.sacramento-mustang.com/1969-1973-clutch-pedal-return-spring-p1386.aspx

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of removing mine as my pedal stays on the floor after first few minutes of driving. I have researched this issue and seems like many owners remove it but makes the clutch stiffer. I think I will take my chances because its more annoying sitting at a stop sign for 3 minutes trying to get the car going while people behind you must be wondering what the heck your doing.

I read on another forum that you can remove the pedal STOP witch will allow the pedal to come up even more and the spring will just pull off. I'm going to try this, this afternoon and hopefully it will make the car much more drives me. I don't know what clutch is in there but it grabs good and the engine been replaced sometime 10 or so years ago so who knows.

I didn't want to start a new thread when I could ad information to this one.

I'm thinking of removing mine as my pedal stays on the floor after first few minutes of driving. I have researched this issue and seems like many owners remove it but makes the clutch stiffer. I think I will take my chances because its more annoying sitting at a stop sign for 3 minutes trying to get the car going while people behind you must be wondering what the heck your doing.

I read on another forum that you can remove the pedal STOP witch will allow the pedal to come up even more and the spring will just pull off. I'm going to try this, this afternoon and hopefully it will make the car much more drives me. I don't know what clutch is in there but it grabs good and the engine been replaced sometime 10 or so years ago so who knows.

I didn't want to start a new thread when I could ad information to this one.
mind does the same thing. please tell me the other forum you got your info from, thank you

Back