Hydrualic clutch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJ Pony Parts shows one for 1970. You might contact them to see if it might work. Kind of pricey at $300.00 plus. You can strengthen the Z bar, build a heim jointed clutch rod, and rollerize the pedal for less and be bullet proof. That set up has been on my Cougar for 15 plus years.

Good Luck,

Chuck

I bought a McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing, sleeve, and spacer for my toploader in my '69. I ended up not using the toploader, but coincidentally, the same parts were what I needed for a TKO600. So, I pieced my own setup together. I bought a 3/4" master cylinder and small reservoir at a off road supply shop locally, and the McLeod release bearing, sleeve, and spacer from PAW (also somewhat local), and had to get some hoses which I had made at Torino Motor Racing (also local). This setup allowed me to run headers with a 351C without interference of the release arm as I no longer have a release arm.

Since I did all that, a number of kits have cropped up that you can buy. I think in total I spent about $400, maybe slightly more. If you need part numbers on any of this, let me know--happy to help.

Back